Sometimes, notifications distract you from your work. Or, you may be watching a YouTube video and want to focus on that. Luckily, you can disable notifications in Windows 10.
How To Disable Windows 10 Balloon Notifications
- To turn off balloon notifications press the “Windows” and “R” keys.
- This opens the Run box.
- Once it’s open, type “
regedit” and hit Enter to open the Windows registry.
With the registry open, search for the following:
- Right-click on the right pane and choose “New”, > “DWORD (32-bit” value)”.
- Then, name it “Enable BalloonTips”.
- Once done, right-click on the created key and click on “Modify”.
- Lastly, in the “Value Data” box, set the number to zero.
- Restart your computer. That’s it!
How To Turn Off Badge Notifications On Microsoft Edge
Badge notifications appear on some apps like Microsoft Edge and on the notifications/action center button in the taskbar. However, you can also turn off these Windows 10 notifications. Here’s what to do:
- Press the Windows Key and the I key.
- This opens the Settings app.
- Here, choose “Personalization”.
- Then, “Taskbar”.
- Finally, toggle off the “Show badges on the taskbar buttons” option.
How To Disable Action Center Notification Badges
To turn off the app and badge icons for the notifications/action center button, do the following:
- Right-click on the “Action Center” button in the right corner of the taskbar.
- Choose Don’t show apps and Don’t show the number of new notifications.
How To Disable All Other Windows Notifications
- Firstly, press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Then, search for “Notifications & Actions”.
Under “Notifications” you may disable the following:
- Show notifications on the lock screen
- Show reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
- Get notifications from apps and other senders
- Get tips, tricks, and suggestion as you use Windows
- Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and suggested
Also, you can scroll down a bit to turn off notifications from senders such as “Cortana“, “Microsoft Store”,“OneDrive” and more.
That’s about it for all the ways that you can remove notification pop ups and balloons on Windows. Remember, you can always retrace your steps and re-enable them at any time.