A recent bug in the Microsoft Store causes the app to refresh infinitely. In this article, we teach you how to fix the Microsoft Store refresh loop on Windows 10.
For example, you go to download an app. The store loads.
Table of Contents
Sign Out Of The Store
This is the best option. It worked for several users. It's your first fix. Here's what to do.
- Firstly, click your profile picture in the top right corner of the Microsoft Store.
- Then, click your account.
- A window pops up. Choose Sign out.
- While still in the store, go to the app you want to download.
- Click download.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account.
That's it! You solved your Microsoft Store refresh loop problem. Did it not work for you? Then, you have two other options.
- How To Enable Or Disable Single-click On Windows
- How To Know Which Version Of Chrome You Have Installed On Your Computer
- How To Turn Off Notifications In Windows 10
- How To Turn Off Cortana
- How To Fix "This Publisher Has Been Blocked From Running Software"
- Android Emulators For Windows PC & Mac
Clear And Reset Microsoft Store Cache
This works well for more than one cases. For example, if you have trouble updating apps, this is one the of the best fixes. It may also solve the refreshing issue. The following steps allow you to clear and reset the Windows Store cache for your account in Windows 10.
To Clear And Reset Store Cache For Default Apps
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
- Then, type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.
- Both the Store and a command prompt window open.
- Once the Store cache clears, the command prompt window closes.
Uninstall & Reinstall Microsoft Store App
The other day, my Settings app did not work. I uninstalled it and then installed it again. It worked immediately. Here's how to do the same with the Microsoft Store.
- Firstly, open the Settings app.
- Then, go to Apps.
- From the list of apps, choose Microsoft Store.
- Then, click Advanced Options.
- From the options, hit terminate.
- Lastly, click Reset
This option uninstalls and re-installs the app on your system. It may take a while to finish. Try to download or update your apps once finished.
Please note that the above fixes work for Windows 8/8.1 as well. If, after all the above, you still have trouble with the Store App, please contact the Microsoft help center.