Much like backing up your Android contacts or synching Chrome tabs via Android and Desktop, you can also actively sync your contacts on Android with Gmail. After, you can import the contacts from Gmail to any Android device. You can sync contacts from Samsung to Gmail and vice versa. Many Android users are unaware of how to save contacts in Gmail. Luckily, it’s a simple process that we outline for you below. There’s also a video walkthrough at the end of the article.
Link Android Contacts To Gmail Account
Firstly, to save contacts in Gmail, you must link your Android contacts to your desired Gmail account. To link both accounts, do the following:
- Open Contacts.
- Tap the Menu/ Settings button.
- Select ‘Merge with Google’.
- If you have more than one Gmail accounts then select the one you wish to use as default to store your contacts.
- Once complete, a pop-up message notifies you of a successful link.
Sync Your Android Contacts With Gmail Account
- Ensure that you have Gmail installed on your device.
- Open the App Drawer and go to Settings, then go to ‘Accounts and Sync’.
- Enable the Accounts and syncing service.
- Select your Gmail account from the e-mail accounts set up.
- Be sure to enable the ‘Sync Contacts’ option.
- Press the ‘Sync now’ button and wait until all the phone contacts successfully synchronize with your Gmail account.
- Now, open Gmail in your computer’s web browser and click the Gmail text link that is listed on the upper left side of the Gmail profile.
- Select Contacts.
- All the contacts from your Android smartphone appear in this section.
Retrieve Contacts From Gmail For Android
Once you’re ready to retrieve the contacts from Gmail to another Android device, you simply link the same Gmail account to your Android device and start the sync process. The Android device can be the same device after you backed up/ synced contacts due to a factory reset or a brand new Android device. Easy as 1,2,3. You now know how to transfer your Gmail contacts to Android and vice versa. You can also use the same method to sync contacts from Gmail to iPhone or from Android to iPhone.