By default, in the Active Directory environment, the schema snap-in is unavailable in MMC. However, you may add it in the Add/Remove Snap-In screen. To do so, follow the below guidelines.
How To Register Schema Snap-In For Use
- Firstly, click the “Start” button, then type “CMD".
- Then, right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as Administrator".
- Lastly, type the following and press “Enter":
A message ought to appear that tells you that registration succeeded. Once that happens, you can now add the schema snap-in with the followings steps.
- Press and hold the Windows Key then press “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Then, type “mmc" and press “Enter".
- The Microsoft Management Console opens.
- Here, select “File” > “Add/Remove Snap-In".
- Then, select “Active Directory Schema", then select “Add".
- Finally, click “OK".
That's it! You may now use the Active Directory Schema option.