Google Chrome lets you add bookmarks to a toolbar right below the browser search box. It’s a quick access toolbar called the bookmark bar. However, if you add too many bookmarks, subsequent bookmarks appear only after you click a drop down arrow.
In this article, you learn how to shrink the bookmark name by removing the website name. Hence, you create more space for other bookmarks.
- Firstly, open Chrome, then tap/click the icon located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- It opens a list of menu items.
- Select “Bookmarks” > “Bookmark manager”.
- Choose “Bookmarks bar” on the left side.
- Then, right-click each individual bookmark, select “Edit“, then delete the name of the website.
- Likewise, you can choose to simply shorten the name of the bookmark.
That’s it. It’s easier to save bookmarks in Chrome this way because once you know the favicon or website icon, you can identify the website. There’s no real need to have the full name.