Facebook removed the Android widget feature after an update. However, there were the few people who used the Facebook widget for Android who want to continue to use the status widget. So, How do I go about getting back the Android Facebook widget? There is one way to do it. Unfortunately, it requires that you install an older version of Facebook.
Get Back Facebook Widget For Android
- Go to “Settings.”
- Open “Apps.”
- Search for “Facebook” and tap it
- Select “Uninstall” to remove the app.
- Open a web browser on your Android, and go to this link, and download version 126.96.36.199.81 beta of the Facebook app.
- However, if you receive a parsing file error, try a lower version like 188.8.131.52.77.
- When prompted, open the file.
- For some devices, you may have to swipe the notification area down, tap the download, then choose “Open.“
- Walk through the install.
Also, you may have to allow your smartphone to install files from unknown sources. To enable this feature, go to “Settings.” Open “Security.” Find and enable “Unknown sources”. Try to install the older version of Facebook again. After, you can add the status widget back to your home screen.
Things To Consider
- Facebook will continue to prompt you to update the app to the latest version while using the older version.
- You need to prevent the app from updating automatically. You have to turn off the auto-update in both the play store and in the Facebook settings.
- Some features like the new like buttons may not be available in the older version of the Facebook app. But, you can always comment using these cool emoji apps.
Looking for more tutorials about Facebook? How about reading How To View Full Version of Facebook on Android, How to Add Facebook Events to Google Calendar, or How to Bulk Download Facebook Albums & Photos. Did you know that you can do a reverse email lookup using Facebook?