Renekton is a giant gator. He’s a fighter champion that plays top lane and can be tanky. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Renekton.
Best Renekton Counters
Renekton Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Renekton, you can finally counter pick Renekton in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Renekton. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Renekton. After all, if you know how to play against Renekton, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Renekton in a lane.
Save Ryze’s W for when Renekton tries to dash in on you. Don’t walk up to Renekton if he has cooldowns and you don’t.
Vayne is ranged and deals % true damage. Max W and make sure to save tumble for when he tries to dash onto you. If he tries to use his second dash then use your E to condemn him away before or as he stuns you.
As Garen, build an early Chain vest to lower his damage. Your ultimate counters his, and your early damage is higher than his (Without fury). Use W when he uses his abilities with fury and Q him as much as you can since he is caster-reliant on his abilities.
Also, if you play Garen then wait for Renekton to dash, then use your Q, E and then W to deal a lot of damage to him.
Be aware of Renekton’s build. If he builds Black Cleaver, for example, be very careful. Also, if he has ignite and you don’t be aware that you don’t get that much Health from your Ult.
Tips For Playing Against Renekton
- Pay attention to Renekton’s fury bar, as he will most likely play aggressive when it turns red.
- Most Renekton players will try to turn back to you so that he can use his dash twice when being chased. Deny this by stepping a bit back.
- Be careful when going in to CS, this will allow Renekton to easily Q for free poke. Try and bait it out so you can CS more easily.
- If you are really low vs a Renekton and his flash is up, be careful. He can “E” flash for an easy kill.
- When running away from Renekton, stay away from minions. He can only slice while chasing, and when there are minions around he can Dice too, to catch up with you.
has an extremely strong laning phase and very high early game damage because of the high base damage his abilities have, especially their -empowered versions.
- On the other hand, despite his strong early game power, is highly vulnerable on being poked down early and his main gap closer, / is relatively short. Ranged champions with good kiting mechanics such as . , , , , , and can crowd control and/or safely create distance between and kite safely.
- Keep in mind that does not use mana as a resource, has a built-in heal with empowered , and can build common life steal items such as to stay in lane longer. Build accordingly to counter him.
- Watch his Fury bar. will usually be passive until he gains Fury, then attack you with , hit you with a Fury-empowered or and back off with dash. Position yourself in the brush and make yourself hard to reach for , forcing him to get out of position.
- Never get careless against : he has a powerful combination of a stun, mobility and sustain.
- Due to silence, but not blind. Keep this in mind when playing against him. ‘s AD caster playstyle, he’s EXTREMELY weakened and disrupted by
- One of ‘s biggest weaknesses is powerful burst nukers. Excluding / mobility, he’s essentially a melee character that’s prone to be burst down from range and kited with crowd control.
- has a naturally high health pool, further complimented by , which leaves him vulnerable to items and abilities that deal percent health damage.
- Usually, / can be used once, but if it hits an enemy, he gains the ability to use it twice. This will allow to cover over 800 units of distance. If the situation allows it, don’t let him hit an enemy with / , which can be difficult as he can use the ability on minions.
- At level 6, gains the access to use . It can make turret diving him a very difficult task because he will quickly be able to receive a large bonus of health, which is also essentially a heal that cannot be reduced by . It will also grant him access to a lot of bonus Fury which can net him a powerful heal from or an extra-long stun from .
- is an extremely powerful ability, especially in the early to mid-stages of the game. The extra health makes a in this form more durable than most champions. The additional fury and AoE damage can enable to dish out deceptive and overwhelming amounts of damage, essentially being able to kill two champions by himself easily. Approach a level 6 with care.
- Be sure to build armor when playing against . He deals high bursts of physical damage.
- might choose to build more towards damage or tanking. Pay attention to this: If you force him to build tanky he will greatly fall off late game because of the nature of his kit. If he builds towards damage, prioritize him accordingly in team fights and be sure to lock him down with crowd control. He has extremely high ability ratios but low survivability outside of health, sustain, and .
- While tanky DPS greatly loses power late game, he’s very difficult to deal with early to mid-game. You should try to isolate him out of team fights and always know his location.
By using the champions who counter Renekton and the LoL Renekton counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Renekton players.