Have you ever forgotten your phone number? I sure have. So, if you keep asking yourself, “what’s my phone number?” and you own an Android smartphone, here’s how to find your cell phone number. Luckily, there are easy ways to get the number for your Android phone from within the settings. However, finding your device’s number may vary depending on which version of the Android OS you have on your smartphone.
How To See Your Phone Number On Android
- From your Home screen or app locker, open “Settings.“
- From the settings menu, scroll to “About phone” or “About device.“
- Some versions of Android display the phone number on this screen. If not, Select “Status” or “Phone identity.“
From these menus, your phone number appears on the screen. However, on some smartphones, you may find it under “Voice MSISDN Line 1.” Additionally, you can check under SIM status which is under the status menu mentioned above. This method is not the easiest, but you can see another way after the video.
Easiest Ways To Know My Phone Number
The easiest way to find out what your phone number is is by making a phone call. Yes. You read that correctly. Call a friend, a family member or another phone that you own and the telephone number should appear on the screen of the other device. But, what if I do not have credit or can’t make a call?
Use An App To Locate Your Phone Number
There is an app, SIM Card Info, that allows you to view information on your SIM Card. The information includes your cell phone number as well. Additionally, it displays
- Device Information
- Network Information
- Contacts stored on SIM Card
- SMS stored on SIM Card
If you do not like that particular app or want to try others, there are tons of apps to help you see your number on the Google Play Store. However, what if my number shows up as “unknown?”
Fix: My Phone Number Shows As “Unknown”?
If your contact information displays as unknown, then it might be a problem with your account or your SIM card. Try ejecting and re-inserting the SIM card. Does it work? If not, here’s how to fix it.
- Note your number once you know it (use an app from above).
- Go to the Contacts app
- Tap the menu button
- Select Settings
- Now, touch Own Numbers
- Tap the Menu button again
- Tap create
- Type your phone number in
- Tap Save
What Is My Phone Number, iPhone Users
Firstly, by default, the iPhone saves your phone number on your contact list. Here’s how to see your number:
- Touch “Phone”.
- Then “Contacts.”
- Scroll to the very top of the list and you’ll see “My Number…”
- Touch “Settings”
- Then “Phone.”
- Your number is displayed at the top of the screen.
What’s My Phone Number, Vodafone Users
- You can find out what your phone number is by simply calling *#100# free from your Vodafone mobile.
- Please note that if you’re using Wi-Fi Calling, you need to turn off Wi-Fi on your phone before dialing this number.
You can also just save your number in your contact list with your name and other information if you do not see the above option. This method makes your number available whenever you need it. Lastly, if you are still having trouble, it is best to contact your mobile service provider for help.
You might also like:
- How To Do A Reverse Email Lookup
- Tips On How To Find A Printer’s IP Address
- Ways To Make Android Font Bigger
- How To Tell What An Image Was Taken