So, you’ve got your Samsung Galaxy S5 and the weather widget suddenly disappears. What do you do? We talked about moving widgets on the Galaxy S7 and how to get the old Facebook Android widget back. However, if you own any Samsung phone, not just the Galaxy S5, and the Samsung weather widget vanishes, here’s what to do.
By default, Samsung uses Accu Weather as the default weather provider for their Galaxy smartphones. However, if, for some reason, the widget does not appear, it could mean that you deleted it by accident. Or maybe your service provider did not install any weather app on your device.
Check That You Have The Weather Widget
- Long press on an empty space on your home screen
- Select the widgets menu
- Scroll through the available widgets
- The weather widget should be on the last screen (it is in alphabetical order)
- If not found, you need to install Accu Weather. Do the following:
Install Accu Weather
- Go to the Play Store and download/install Accu Weather.
- Once installed, go to your home screen
- Bring up the widget menu (varies depending on Android version/Device)
- Scroll through the widget pages until you see the weather widget
- Press and drag the widget to the desired space on your home screen
Why Accu Weather? Accu Weather supports Android Wear™. Furthermore, it is free and features the new AccuWeather MinuteCast®. AccuWeather MinuteCast offers minute-by-minute precipitation forecast, hyper-localized to your exact street address.
However, if you do not want to install an app, you can always use Google Now to get the latest weather and traffic. For example, you can use Traffic To Work? Traffic To Home? Find Out With Google On Your Phone. The same principle applies for the weather. Simply ask Google. The above tips work for most Android devices.