iPhone: How to open Full Version Facebook on iOS: By default, most Apple iOS gadgets such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch display the mobile-friendly version of the Facebook website. This inconvenience is also true on Twitter. To view the full version of Facebook on your iOS browser, there are a few things that you can do. So, if you want to open the regular Facebook on iPhone smartphones, do the following:
Access Facebook Full Site iPhone Browser
- Log in to your Facebook account using the mobile version of the website.
- Now type “http://www.facebook.com/home.php” in your browser.
- The full desktop version of Facebook should display in the browser.
To view the full Facebook website on the Safari browser on your iPhone device, do the following:
- Visit Facebook.com.
- Perform the following depending on the version of iOS you are running:
- iOS9 and Higher – Select the “Share” button and choose “Request Desktop Site.“
- iOS8 – Tap the URL in the address bar. The text becomes highlighted, and the Bookmark list appears. Then, starting from just below the address bar, swipe downward, and select the “Request Desktop Site” option.
iPhone: Change the User Agent in Safari Without Jailbreak
This trick allows users to modify the User Agent of the Safari web browser on the Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch without having to jailbreak the device. You might also like, Download Torrents on iOS (iPhone, iPad). By doing this, users always access the Facebook desktop site instead of the mobile version.
View Full Version of Website on iPhone
- Connect and sync your iOS device with iTunes on your computer.
- Download and install iBackupBot on your computer. The free version will work for our purposes.
- Disable automatic syncing in iTunes by going to “Edit” > “Preferences” > “Devices” and check “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.“
- Close iTunes and launch “iBackupBot.“
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable. iBackupBot should detect the device.
- Select the latest backup you have on the left side.
- Expand “User App Files” > “com.apple.mobilesafari” > “Library” > “Preferences“.
- Open the “com.apple.mobilesafari.plist” file. Click “Cancel” on the dialog that appears afterward.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the file and insert this line right above the line that says </dict><key>UserAgent</key><string>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.115 Safari/535.11</string>Replace the text between the <string> tags with whatever UAString you like. Be sure to click the Save disc icon, then close the file.
- Check the box next to “Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobilesafari.plist“, then click the “Restore” button. The device will go through the restore process. Once finished it should have successfully changed the user agent in Safari. Open Safari, and you will be able to view the full desktop versions of web pages. You can also visit WhatIsMyUserAgent to check the changes.
Your iOS device then displays the desktop version of Facebook. Furthermore, you can watch the YouTube video below to see the steps on one above in action.
Thanks for reading iPhone: How to open Full Version Facebook Website on iOS: How to view the full version of Facebook from your iPhone or other Apple iOS device. Leave a comment or contact us if you need further assistance. Also read: Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop.
For more useful tutorials check out, iMessage Waiting For Activation? Activate iMessage Now!, Clear Search History | Delete Spotlight Search and How to Configure iPhone Text Message Forwarding.