iPhone: How to open Full Version Facebook on iOS: By default, most Apple iOS gadgets such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch display the mobile friendly version of the Facebook website. In order to view the full version of Facebook on your iOS browser, there are a few things that you can do. So, if you want to open the regular facebook on iPhone smartphones, do the following:
|Did you know? With more than 1 billion users, Facebook is the world’s largest social network. Founder Mark Zuckerberg started Facebook in 2004 while he was an undergraduate computer science student.|
- Log in to your Facebook account using the mobile version of the website.
- Now type “http://www.facebook.com/home.php” in your browser.
- The full desktop version of Facebook should display in the browser.
|Did you know? Safari is a web browser developed by Apple based on the WebKit engine. First released in 2003 with Mac OS X Panther, a mobile version has been included in iOS devices since the introduction of the iPhone in 2007. It is the default browser on Apple devices.|
To view the full facebook website on the Safari browser on your iPhone device, do the following:
- Visit Facebook.com.
- Perform the following depending on the version of iOS you are running:
- iOS9 and Higher – Select the “Share” button and choose “Request Desktop Site“.
- iOS8 – Tap the URL in the address bar. The text will become highlighted and the Bookmark list will appear. Then, starting from just below the address bar, swipe downward, and select the “Request Desktop Site” option.
iPhone: Change the User Agent in Safari Without Jailbreak
This trick allows users to change the User Agent of the Safari web browser on the Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch without having to jailbreak the device. You might also like, Download Torrents on iOS (iPhone, iPad). By doing this, users always access the Facebook desktop site instead of the mobile version.
|Did you know? iOS jailbreaking is the process of removing software restrictions imposed by iOS, Apple's operating system, on devices, running it through the use of software exploits; devices include the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and the AppleTV 2 and 4. Jailbreaking permits root access to the iOS file system and manager, allowing the download of additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store.|
View Full Version of Website on iPhone
- Connect and sync your iOS device with iTunes on your computer.
- Download and install iBackupBot on your computer. The free version will work for our purposes.
- Disable automatic syncing in iTunes by going to “Edit” > “Preferences” > “Devices” and check “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically“.
- Close iTunes and launch “iBackupBot“.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable. iBackupBot should detect the device.
- Select the latest backup you have on the left side.
- Expand “User App Files” > “com.apple.mobilesafari” > “Library” > “Preferences“.
- Open the “com.apple.mobilesafari.plist” file. Click “Cancel” on the dialog that appears afterward.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the file and insert this line right above the line that says </dict><key>UserAgent</key><string>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.115 Safari/535.11</string>Replace the text between the <string> tags with whatever UAString you like. Be sure to click the Save disc icon, then close the file.
- Check the box next to “Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobilesafari.plist“, then click the “Restore” button. The device will go through the restore process. Once finished it should have successfully changed the user agent in Safari. Open Safari and you will be able to view the full desktop versions of web pages. You can also visit WhatIsMyUserAgent to check to see if it is changed.
The desktop version of Facebook is then displayed on your iOS device.Furthermore, you can watch the FACEBOOK DESKTOP VERSION ON IOS / IPHONE / HOW TO / FB / COMPUTER - FULL VERSION ON MOBILE YouTube video below to see the steps on 1 above in action.
|Did you know? iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. They run Apple's iOS mobile operating system. The first generation iPhone was released on June 29, 2007; the most recent iPhone model is the iPhone SE, which was unveiled at a special event on March 21, 2016. Via Wikipedia|
Thanks for reading iPhone: How to open Full Version Facebook Website on iOS: How to view the full version of Facebook from your iPhone or other Apple iOS device. Leave a comment or contact us if you need further assistance. Also read: Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop