In this tutorial, you learn how to factory reset LG V30 devices. A factory reset allows you to restore your LG V30 to the default manufacturer settings. Thus, you erase all apps, data, and services that you installed after purchasing your LG V30.
2 Simple Ways To Factory Reset LG V30
There are two methods for factory resetting an LG V30. The first method works if you have access to the LG V30 menu or settings. However, if, for example, your LG V30 won’t turn on, you can use the second method (hardware keys) to factory reset your LG V30.
Reset LG V30 Via Settings
- Tap the gear icon in the notification section.
- Or, go directly to the Settings.
- Tap Backup and Reset below User and Backup.
- Then, click Factory data reset.
- After tap Delete all and it takes a few minutes for your LG V30 to factory reset itself.
Reset LG V30 Via Hardware Buttons
- Turn your GLG V30 off.
- Once off, press and hold the volume up, the power and the home button.
- A logo ought to pop up.
- Quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button when it does.
- Once the menu appears, choose to delete all user data by using the volume buttons to go to the option.
- Choose Yes using the power button.
- Your LG V30 will restart and take you through the initial setup process.
The above steps/methods allow you to factory reset your LG V30. By now, you know that a factory reset erases all data and information stored on your device.
It restores your device to the default settings and it will be like having a brand new device to set up. Be sure to back up important information before doing any of the above.
When hard resetting your LG V30 keep the following things about forgetting the password/lock screen combination and FRP (Factory Reset Protection) in mind. A factory reset is the same a s hard reset or master reset.
Factory Reset Protection (FRP) Feature
According to Google, Android devices provide built-in security features you can use to protect your device and information, including screen locks and data encryption. Data protection, or Factory Reset Protection (FRP), is a security feature on Android devices with Lollipop 5.1 and higher.
FRP is automatically activated when you set up a Google Account on your device. Once FRP is activated, it prevents the use of a device after a factory data reset, until you log in using a Google username and password previously set up on the device.
Disable Factory Reset Protection
- Go to Settings, select Lock screen and security, and remove all passwords, pins, and patterns.
- Go to Settings, select Accounts, and remove all Google accounts.
How To Factory Reset Your LG V30 When Locked?
The first thing to do is make sure that FRP is not turned on because if it is and you forgot the password for your Google account, then you won’t be able to sign in and use the device.
Once you are sure that it is off, turn off the LG V30 and restart it in recovery mode and do the factory reset from there.
Can I Hard Reset My LG V30 Without Losing Data?
Yes and No. Yes in the sense that you can back up all your files and photos/videos before doing the factory reset.
And, no in the sense that if you cannot back up your data and do a hard reset then you WILL lose all your data.