Sometimes your LG V30 won’t turn on or boot up past the logo. Though it is a frustrating situation, here are 3 easy fixes for when your LG V30 won’t turn on.
Reasons Why LG V30 Will Not Turn On
- Battery Life: Are you sure that your LG V30 is fully charged?
- Faulty Charger: If your LG V30 charger is faulty it won’t charge. Hence, your phone won’t turn on. Use a different charger.
- Software Glitch: Software glitches can stop your LG V30 from booting up.
- Hardware Glitch: For example, your charger port could be damaged.
No matter the case, here are some recommended tips to try when you can’t get your LG V30 to turn on. The following tips work when your phone restarts when it starts up or shuts down before it starts.
Fix: LG V30 Won’t Turn On
Battery Life & Charging
The first thing to do is make sure that your LG V30 is charging properly and that there is no damage to your charging port. To do this, you can try your charger with another device and try the charger of another device with your phone.
Any of the USB chargers from the latest smartphones should work with your Android phone. You can also use a can of compressed air to clean out the charger port.
- Press both the volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Hold both buttons for about 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, your LG V30 ought to reboot. Did you LG V30 boot up? If it did, then use your device as per usual and monitor for problems. However, if it did not boot up, you may need to boot your LG V30 into recovery.
Boot LG V30 Recovery Mode
- Press and hold both the Power, Volume and Home buttons together.
- Once the recovery screen appears, let go of the power button (keep holding the volume and home button).
- Once the recovery menu appears, let go of the other buttons.
- Use the Volume buttons to go to Cache Partition and use the Power button to select it.
- Once the process finishes, your LG V30 will restart.
Did your LG V30 turn on? Then, that’s great! But, if your LG V30 won’t turn on after you wiped the cache, try the following fix.
Boot LG V30 Safe Mode
- With the screen on, press and hold the Power key.
- In the menu that appears, press and hold Power off.
- When prompted to restart in Safe Mode, tap OK.
- After your device restarts, it displays Safe mode at the bottom of the screen.
By booting the LG V30 in Safe Mode, you can determine if the reason your LG V30 won’t turn on or boot up is due to an application. In Safe Mode, only the default factory apps load.
The above tips help fix an LG V30 that won’t turn on or boot up. However, if you still can’t get your LG V30 to start up, your next and best option is to take your device to a repair shop or to a technician. You may also opt to return the phone to your carrier for further assistance.
- Make sure that your LG V30 is charging properly.
- Make sure that your charger works.
- Force restart your LG V30.
- Check your charger port for damage.
- Use Safe Mode to rule out software glitches.
- Use Recovery Mode to clear cache and other obsolete data.
- As a last resort, master reset your LG V30 (be sure to back up important files and data before you do).