Shaco is an assassin/jungle champion that also can be found playing in the top lane. He has a taunt, slow and can disappear temporarily when using his ult and Q. His ultimate allows him to split in two. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Shaco.
Best Shaco Counters
- Lee Sin
Shaco Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Shaco, you can finally counter pick Shaco in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Shaco. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Shaco. After all, if you know how to play against Shaco, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Shaco in a lane.
Don’t chase Shaco if he runs through bushes because 99% of the time he will put a box there. Try to engage first and don’t use Lee Sin’s second Q too soon after the first. Perform a couple basics or slow and try to save it for if Shaco tries to vanish and escape using Q.
Rek’Sai can see Shaco with her Tremor so always roam underground. This is effective in catching and preventing ganks.
Tips For Playing Against Shaco
- Always keep an eye out for a puff of smoke in the fog of war – this means Shaco is nearby.
- If Shaco uses his Deceive to enter fights, he won’t be able to use it again for a while. Try turning and focusing him if possible.
- Counterjungling Shaco’s red buff or blue buff can greatly limit his early gank potential.
- It’s good to ward your jungle (especially early game) as he can steal your buff and get away.
- Vision wards are effective at knowing where Shaco is during ganks.
can be a frustrating champion to kill due to the quick and easy escapes with , bringing him down with a disable or a fast burst will make him a much easier prey.
- Champions that can detect during his , like , , or will make him very easy to kill, as blink is pretty short-ranged.
- Be careful when
is nowhere to be seen, he might surprise you with his .
- To counter this, quickly run away when you see his particle.
- particle can be seen through the fog of war and in bushes. If you think he is nearby for ganking, be on the lookout for it.
- If you are unsure about a bush be very careful about checking as he might have filled it with .
- is a champion who stands very strong early game and is known for his deadly ganks, but severely falls off late game, apart from supports almost any champion with a similar total gold will be able to defeat him without suffering too much damage.
- is a jungler without any sustain, as such, hurting him if encountered in the jungle can force him back to base, as well as a bad gank can do the same.
- If you see initiate a fight with his , quickly focus him down while the spell is still on cooldown.
- When fighting
alone, be aware that he might use his to turn the fight to his favor.
- Also, be aware that he can dodge any projectile or cast effect when he casts his .
- To easily distinguish the clone and , his clone will not get particles from any item active or passive particles such as or .
- clone can not use abilities. Keep this in mind when you are trying to distinguish between the real one and the clone.
- When he casts , his clone will always spawn on the right side his original spot and face backward while the real one spawns on the front-right of his original spot facing forward.
- fear on the clone while the real will be slowed. will only apply to the clone (she will not dash to it, only to the real champion) and will only apply the
- increases any of his damage to you whenever you turn your back on him. Be careful when running away from him.
- When your team is roaming together someone should have an . Use it as soon as you see a puff of smoke, even semi near you.
- As mentioned above, is capable of soloing the Dragon and will very likely attempt it, especially if you do not have teammates in the bottom lane. Keep the pit and its vicinity well warded.
By using the champions who counter Shaco and the LoL Shaco counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Shaco players.