Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 MIUI 7.1 Global Stable Build Download/Install: The MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable Build is available for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Android device. The MIUI 7.1 build offers a few improvements and fixes. If you own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 then this update, very soon, will appear on your Redmi Note 2 via OTA. That doesn’t mean that you can’t install the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 MIUI 7.1 update manually. If you don’t want to wait for the OTA update and want to flash the MIUI 7.1 update on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 manually, here is a simple tutorial to show you how to flash and update the Redmi Note 2 with the latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable Build.
Before you start the manual update process, you ought to make a full backup of your Redmi Note 2 . You can learn how to back up your Android contacts here and how to back up (fully) any Android device, here. Now, there are three ways to update the Redmi Note 2 to the MIUI 7.1 global stable build. The first is via OTA, the second is via the manual method ovia Recovery and, the third, involves using the MI PC Suite and, possibly, the Mi Flash Tool. We outline both methods here for your convenience.
Install the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 MIUI 7.1 via OTA
If you have the MIUI V5/MIUI 6 Global stable version on your Redmi Note 2 , then you may use this method to get the MIUI 7.1 update on your Redmi Note 2 .
- Open the “Updater” application on you Redmi Note 2 and select “Check for update”.
- If the update is ready for your Redmi Note 2 (different carriers, different update times) then you simply select it and click update.
- The update process will start on your Redmi Note 2 and, once it completes, you reboot the Redmi Note 2 .
That’s all there is to it. If, however, you don’t receive the OTA update then you can use the method below to manual update your Redmi Note 2 to MIUI 7.1 Global Stable Build.
Install MIUI7 on Redmi Note 2 via Reocvery
- To begin, download the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 MIUI 126.96.36.199 ROM code named Redmi Note 2 – V188.8.131.52.LHMMICK (it is 931MB)
- Once the download is complete, transfer the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 MIUI 184.108.40.206 ROM to the root folder of your Redmi Note 2 ‘s internal storage.
- Open the “Redmi Note 2 Updater App” and tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner of your screen
- From the options, select “Choose update package”
- You need to select the Redmi Note 2 – V220.127.116.11.LHMMICK ROM file that you transferred earlier
- Once selected the Redmi Note 2 will automatically install the MIUI 18.104.22.168 update.
Install MIUI7 on Redmi Note 2 via Mi PC Suite
For this to work, you first need to download and install the Mi PC Suite for Windows (English Version). In order for you to install MIUI 7 update on your Redmi Note 2 using Mi PC Suite, you may follow this guide. As always thanks for reading: how to download and install Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 MIUI 7.1 Global Stable Build update. You can also check out the: Xiaomi Mi Pad MIUI 7.1 Global Stable Build Update Guide.