Samsung Galaxy A8 TWRP Recovery: This guide will teach you how to install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy A8. You may need to install this recovery if you ever plan on using a custom ROM with your device. You will be able to create nandroid backups from TWRP recovery on your Galaxy A8, something that serves as an effective and reliable fail safe if you do something wrong with your device that you later want to modify or erase. For example, a ROM flash gone wrong, or incompatible mod flash, etc. In such cases, simply restoring the TWRP backup will restore the Galaxy A8 back to normal working condition before the mishap.
Moreover, should a Galaxy A8 Marshmallow ROM become available (CM13 or any other), you can install it using TWRP recovery. You can also use TWRP to fix or unbrick your bricked Galaxy A8. Just download a ROM onto your PC, transfer it to device via copy & paste, or via ADB command, and then flash it using the TWRP install option to fix the device.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. Also be sure that your Galaxy A8 is fully charged before proceeding with the tutorial.
- Samsung Galaxy A8, model no. SM-A800F
CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is compatible with this tutorial, you must first confirm the model number by going to Settings – About Device. Another way to check the model number on your device is by looking for it on the packaging that your device came in. It must read ! If it does not, then this guide is not for you!
BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and information before you start the installation. This is because there is no guarantee that your apps and app data won’t be erased. You can learn how to back up your android contacts here.
INSTALL LATEST DRIVERs
You must have proper and working drivers installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy A8. If you are unsure of this, then read our Samsung Galaxy Drivers Installation Tutorial.
- Extract/Unzip the Odin zip file, Odin_ v3.09.zip or whichever version you chose on your computer (using a zip file extractor) to get the following files:
- Odin3 v3.09.exe
- ((Make sure to extract all the files into a single directory)
- Download the latest .tar file from the downloads section and paste it in the same folder in which you extracted Latest Odin_v3.09.zip. You should have the following files in that folder:
- Odin3 v3.09.exe
- Disconnect the Samsung Galaxy A8 from the PC if it is connected.
- Double-click the Odin3-v3.09.exe file to open Odin.
Boot your Galaxy A8 into Download Mode
- Boot your Galaxy A8 into Download Mode:
- Power off your phone first. Wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power + Home buttons together until you see a Warning! screen
- Press Volume Up now to continue to Download Mode.
- Connect your Galaxy A8 to PC. The Odin window will show an Added!! message in bottom left box. Odin’s screen would look like this:
If you don’t see the Added! message then try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have installed driver for Galaxy A8 as said above in ‘Before you begin.’ section.
- If you have already installed driver, then uninstall them and reinstall back.
- Connect using a different USB port on your PC.
- Try a different USB cable. The original cable that came with your phone should work best, if not, try any other cable that’s new and of good quality.
- Reboot your phone and PC and then try again.
Continue with the Galaxy A8 TWRP Recovery Installation
Load the recovery file in .tar form into Odin as instructed below:
- Click on the AP button on Odin and select the TWRP-20150710-UNOFFICIAL-A8lte.tar file (from step 2).
- Now in the Option section, be sure that the Re-Partition box is unchecked. (Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked, while all other boxes remain unchecked.)
- Click the Start button to begin flashing, and wait until you see a PASS! message in Odin’s top left box.
- When you get the PASS! message, your device will restart automatically. You can then disconnect your phone from PC.
And that is all there is to installing the TWRP recovery on a Samsung Galaxy A8 ! If you liked the tutorial, then share the information with your friends. Thanks for reading: Galaxy A8 TWRP Recovery/TWRP for Samsung Galaxy A8 Download/Install ZIP.
Also on ORDUH:
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Recovery Mode
- Find Lost Samsung Galaxy A8
- Fix Samsung Galaxy A8 Water Damage
- Clear Browser Data on Samsung Galaxy A8
- Fix: Samsung Galaxy A8 Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Find Samsung Galaxy A8 IMEI Number
- Fix: Samsung Galaxy A8 Battery Drain/Overheating