Moto E 3G 2015 TWRP Recovery: This guide will teach you how to install TWRP Recovery On Moto E 3G 2015. You may need to install this recovery if you ever plan on using a custom ROM with your device. You will be able to create nandroid backups from TWRP recovery on your Moto E 3G 2015, something that serves as an effective and reliable fail safe if you do something wrong with your device that you later want to modify or erase. For example, a ROM flash gone wrong, or incompatible mod flash, etc. In such cases, simply restoring the TWRP backup will restore the Galaxy A8 back to normal working condition before the mishap.
Moreover, should a Moto E 3G 2015 Marshmallow ROM become available (CM13 or any other), you can install it using TWRP recovery. You can also use TWRP to fix or unbrick your bricked Galaxy A8. Just download a ROM onto your PC, transfer it to device via copy & paste, or via ADB command, and then flash it using the TWRP install option to fix the device.
Table of Contents
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. Also be sure that your Moto E 3G 2015 is fully charged before proceeding with the tutorial.
- 2015 Moto E 3G. This model is also known as Styx 3G, and has the codename otus. 3G model only! If you have the LTE model, use the Moto E LTE 2015 TWRP Recovery instead.
- Booting with "fastboot boot"
- Flashing it with "fastboot flash recovery" and booting from the bootloader menu
- File manager
- Backup and restore
- Rooting with Chainfire's SuperSU zip
- Backlight brightness adjustment
- Date and time
- QSEECOM hardware encryption
CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is compatible with this tutorial, you must first confirm the model number by going to Settings - About Device. Another way to check the model number on your device is by looking for it on the packaging that your device came in. It must read ! If it does not, then this guide is not for you!
BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and information before you start the installation. This is because there is no guarantee that your apps and app data won't be erased. You can learn how to back up your android contacts here.
- Moto E 3G 2015 TWRP OTUS Recovery v2.8.x — Link
Install Instructions for Moto E 3G 2015 TWRP Recovery
- Rename the Moto E 3G 2015 TWRP recovery file that you downloaded above to recovery.img and move the .img file into the ADB folder that your downloaded and extracted on your desktop (this step is in the tutorial for the bootloader unlocking).
- Turn the Moto E 3G 2015 off. Boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume down + power. The OnePlus One will display “fastboot” indicating that it has successfully entered fastboot mode
Once the device is in fastboot mode, you will need to connect it to one of your computers via the USB cable that came with your Moto E 3G 2015 and run the following commands. (You must open a command prompt window from the ADB folder. Hold the Shift button and Right click on the White space of the folder and click on “Open Command Window here”). When the window opens, enter the following command:
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img If the command does not work, or if you receive an error like can’t find recovery.img then, type fastboot flash recovery and press spacebar, then, drag the recovery.img into the command window and press enter to flash.
Once the flash has completed. Switch off your Moto E 3G 2015 by Holding the power button until the Moto E 3G 2015 reboots. Once the Moto E 3G 2015 restarts, the Moto E 3G 2015 TWRP recovery will be installed on your Moto E 3G 2015. Congratulations, you may now proceed to Root your Moto E 3G 2015 smartphone.
Fastboot Install Method (No Root Required):
You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK on your computer. Find the SDK Only section on the page linked and install the SDK and download only the platform-tools to get adb and fastboot binaries.
On your device, go into Settings -> About and find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable developer settings. Press back and go into Developer Options and enable USB debugging. From your computer, open a command prompt and type:
adb reboot bootloader
You should now be in fastboot mode. Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the Moto E 3G 2015 TWRP Recovery .img file to twrp.img and type:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
That's all there is to it. Thanks for reading, how to install TWRP Recovery on a Moto E 3G 2015. We hope that this guide has helped you in some way. Thanks to quid2 for developing. Follow his official Moto E 3G 2015 TWRP Recovery XDA Thread for updates and troubleshooting.