If your LG V35 ThinQ won’t charge then it means that when the battery dies your LG V35 ThinQ won’t turn on either. As frustrating as it may seem, there are some quick and easy troubleshooting tips to help solve the problem
This guide teaches you what to do when your LG V35 ThinQ won’t charge or turn on. It’s useful if your LG V35 ThinQ has slow charge issues as well.
8 Quick Fixes For LG V35 ThinQ Won’t Charge Problem
- Test your phone using the wired charger and make sure the latter is plugged into a working outlet.
- Leave the phone connected to its charger for at least 5 minutes even if it doesn’t show the charging signs.
- While it’s still connected to the charger, perform the forced reboot procedure by pressing and holding down both the volume down and power keys at the same time for 45 seconds or more.
- If it’s still not responding, try connecting your phone to a computer if possible. This will give your device an alternative source of power.
- If you have a wireless charger, you may also try using that to know if the phone responds to it.
- On the other hand, if your LG V35 ThinQ is still powered up but won’t respond to its charger, try rebooting it normally. I would also suggest resetting it if the problem continues. Do this before you decide to bring the phone to the store.
- After doing all those things and your phone is still not responding, then check the charging port on your phone to see if there’s something obstructing the connection. Look for debris, lint or any foreign objects that may hinder conduction.
- You may also check the physical condition of the cable you’re using to charge your phone. If you have other compatible chargers, you may also try using it to know if the phone charges because if it still won’t, then you have to bring the phone back to the store and have it replaced.
Fixes For When LG V35 ThinQ Not Charging
Don’t charge your LG V35 ThinQ near water or in excessively hot or humid conditions. Also, do not overcharge your LG V35 ThinQ; charging overnight when your battery only needs two or three hours is a bad idea. Your device has a cut-off switch for your battery, but sometimes this doesn’t work. Always make sure that you charge your phone for no more than the amount of time required.
If you replace your LG V35 ThinQ charger or cable, be careful. There are many cheap third-party chargers that went bang in the middle of the night or turned smartphones into toast. As with any electrical equipment, make sure that anything you buy complies with all the relevant safety standards.
Use The Correct LG V35 ThinQ Charger
Make sure that you are using the LG V35 ThinQ charger and cable that came with the LG V35 ThinQ. Other chargers may have different voltage ratings, and they won’t always work with the LG V35 ThinQ. A charger from another device might not provide the right amount of power.
For example, a charger for a Bluetooth headset won’t put out as much power as one designed specifically for smartphones. In the case of the LG V35 ThinQ, use an LG V35 ThinQ fast charger. Although, if it was built in recent times, any charger will work.
Charge The LG V35 ThinQ A While Before Turning It On
As a rule of thumb, allow your LG V35 ThinQ to charge for about 30 minutes. Do this before you attempt to use the LG V35 ThinQ.
Try A Different Wall Socket
Change the wall socket and use the cable and charger on a different device to make sure there are no faults with the charging apparatus. Try a different charger and cable with the same voltage rating. Note: Charging from a wall socket always charges faster than via PC or laptop. Most computers’ USB ports don’t deliver very much power.
A wall outlet produces twice the power than that of a USB port. In the case of fast chargers, it gives as much as five times the power — which means faster recharging.
Charge The LG V35 ThinQ via USB/PC
Try plugging the LG V35 ThinQ into a USB port on your PC or laptop. Although, it will load much more slowly using the USB port than from the charger connected to the wall.
Be sure to download the correct LG V35 ThinQ USB drivers to ensure seamless connections.
Consider Charging The LG V35 ThinQ Wirelessly
Try charging the LG V35 ThinQ using a wireless charger. You can find wireless chargers here. By the way, even if your LG V35 ThinQ says that it detects moisture in the charger port, a wireless charger is still able to charge your LG V35 ThinQ.
Check The LG V35 ThinQ Charging Port
Inspect the LG V35 ThinQ charging port. Is the charging port choked up with dust & debris? Yes? Often, a simple glance reveals nothing. With a can of compressed air, blow out the offending irritants and get your USB connection back to normal. If you don’t have access to a can of air, then blow (not spit) into the charging port.
Update Or Rollback The OS On Your LG V35 ThinQ
Software updates and new Android versions can mess with your LG V35 ThinQ battery life. This effect occurs when upgrading an old device to current software. Newer smartphones oft take advantage of the latest OS. Highly optimized, bigger cells and pre-optimized hardware. However, a two-year-old smartphone struggles when it makes the jump from behind the pack.
If this happens to you, consider rolling the device back to an earlier Android version. Turning back your device, however, carries security risks. (The latest software versions always keep your device protected. The risk of operating your smartphone on an older version is often negligible, but it’s worth noting.)
Similarly, the LG V35 ThinQ battery life significantly improves after some updates. Does your Android software version require an upgrade?
LG V35 ThinQ Won’t Charge? Switch Off Your LG V35 ThinQ
Using battery intensive apps/features while you are charging your device will affect how fast it gains battery life. Do you charge your LG V35 ThinQ while Skyping etc.? In this case, the LG V35 ThinQ naturally takes longer to load. The LG V35 ThinQ charges faster when locked with Wi-Fi and 4G turned off.
Switch the LG V35 ThinQ into airplane mode, or off completely. Turning the LG V35 ThinQ off during charging produces the fastest energy boost
If, at the end of this tutorial, you can’t repair your LG V35 ThinQ charging problem, contact your retailer or a Google certified repair. Furthermore, your mobile carrier or Google can also give advice. If you’re out of warranty, then you can try buying a replacement charger or even replace the charging port.
Don’t know what you are doing? To troubleshoot an LG V35 ThinQ that is not charging, it is probably best to take the device to a professional. Have the technician do the repairs for you. Thanks for reading this how to fix an LG V35 ThinQ that won’t charge tutorial. If you found the information useful, then please share it with your friends.