TWRP is a must have Custom Recovery tool for anyone who wants to install a custom ROM or other MOD on their Android. In this tutorial, you learn how to install TWRP on Android smartphones.
Installing TWRP On Android
Then, install the necessary ADB and Fastboot drivers for your Android smartphone. There’s a simple tool that does this, provided by an XDS Developer member, that you can get here.
After, use any of the two methods below to install the custom recovery on your phone.
Install TWRP via ADB
- Open the folder where you saved your TWRP Recovery .img file.
- Then open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty white space inside the folder and then select Open command window here.
- Connect your Android device to the PC. Type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
- If it asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once your device boots into bootloader mode, type the following into the command line:
- fastboot flash recovery
- Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.
- Once you successfully flash TWRP on your device, type the following command to reboot your device:
- fastboot reboot
Install TWRP With TWRP Manager
It is not compatible with all Android devices so you have to check. Once it is compatible, all you need to do is install it and follow the instructions. Here are the functions that you get:
This creates a full backup of all your data in case you need to rollback changes.
Restore An Existing Backup
We all flash ROMs that we don’t like or ones that have too many glitches.
Flash ZIP Files
USe this to install a mod, flash Gapps, or flash a ROM through your recovery.
If you get stuck or you’re not able to boot into the Android OS you can try to boot into TWRP and do a factory reset.
When flashing ROMs, your system may forget which permissions were granted to different apps. Fixing permissions sets everything back to the way you had them before the flash.
That’s it. 2 simple and quick ways to get TWRP recovery on your Android device. Always remember to back up your device before performing any customizations.
Now that TWRP is working on your Android, Happy Modding! And, don’t forget to share the tutorial with friends if it helped you. Thanks for reading on ORDUH.