In this tutorial, you learn how to factory reset Google Pixel 2 XL devices. A factory reset allows you to restore your Pixel 2 XL to the default manufacturer settings. Thus, you erase all apps, data, and services that you installed after purchasing your Pixel 2 XL.
2 Simple Ways To Factory Reset Google Pixel 2 XL
There are two methods for factory resetting a Google Pixel 2 XL. The first method works if you have access to the Google Pixel 2 XL menu or settings. However, if, for example, your Pixel 2 XL won’t turn on, you can use the second method (hardware keys) to factory reset your Pixel 2 XL.
Reset Google Pixel 2 XL Via Settings
- Tap the gear icon in the notification section.
- Or, go directly to the Settings.
- Tap Backup and Reset below User and Backup.
- Then, click Factory data reset.
- After tap Delete all and it takes a few minutes for your Google Pixel 2 XL to factory reset itself.
Reset Google Pixel 2 XL Via Hardware Buttons
- Turn your Google Pixel 2 XL off.
- Once off, press and hold the volume up, the power and the home button.
- An Android icon pops up.
- Once the menu appears, choose data reset by using the volume buttons to go to the option.
- Use the power button to select the option to factory reset.
- Choose Yes using the power button.
- Your Google Pixel 2 XL will restart and take you through the initial setup process.
The above steps/methods allow you to factory reset your Google Pixel 2 XL. By now, you know that a factory reset erases all data and information stored on your device.
It restores your device to the default settings and it will be like having a brand new device to set up. Be sure to back up important information before doing any of the above.