Whether you want to reset your iPhone 5C to factory default settings or perform a soft reset that keeps your data, this article teaches you how to do either. A reset is useful if your Apple iPhone 5C locks or freezes and no longer responds. Here’s how to perform both a soft or hard reset.
A soft reset is useful for freezes or when your apps won't install or download. To soft reset an iPhone 5C, do any of the following:
- Press and hold the “Power” button until a red slider appears.
- Drag the slider on the screen.
- Press and hold the “Power“ button until the Apple logo appears.
- Quickly press the “Volume Up“.
- Quickly press the “Volume Down“.
- Hold the Sleep“/”Wake” button until the Apple logo appears.
- Press and hold the “Sleep“/”Wake” and the “Volume Down" buttons (about 10 seconds)
- The Apple Logo should appear and your iOS device restarts automatically. After which your apps should install correctly.
To factory reset iPhone 5C devices (hard reset) is to erase all data on the device. You ought to sync your contacts and other data before doing so. Here's what to do:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Next, choose Reset and select the option "Erase All Content and Settings".
- A warning appears for you to confirm. Enter your passcode if prompted.
- Tap Erase iPhone.
- Plug in your iPhone 5C to the computer and open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the left menu in iTunes.
- Click the Restore button in iTunes.
- Click Restore or Restore and Update to confirm.
- iTunes then downloads, prepares and restores the software on your iPhone 5C.
- Connect your APPLE iPhone 5C to the computer.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 3 seconds.
- Then, press and hold together Volume Down and Power button for about 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release only the Power button.
- An alert by iTunes reads that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode. Once it appears, release Home button.
- Accept all alerts and wait for it t complete operation.