Are your iPhone apps waiting or stuck on loading after a restore or update? Sometimes an app gets stuck on installing in the App Store as well. Whether your application freezes on “Installing”, “Waiting”, or “Loading”, you can easily troubleshoot and fix the problem using this tutorial. The fixes work for any version of iOS and they also work on iPads. There’s a video walkthrough at the end of the article.
Adjust Network Connection
The easiest way to resolve the issue it to disconnect and reconnect your network connection. You can do so via airplane mode.
- Go to “Settings”
- Switch “Airplane Mode” to “On”.
- Wait 10 seconds, then turn airplane mode off.
After, your apps should begin downloading properly. If new iPhone apps are waiting, remember that your iPad or iPhone downloads and installs applications on a queue basis. Hence, not all apps install at the same time. Be patient.
Perform A Soft Reset
A soft reset does not erase any data on your iOS device. If the above method does not resolve the problem, this method is another one to try.
- Quickly press the “Volume Up“.
- Quickly press the “Volume Down“.
- Hold the Sleep“/”Wake” button until the Apple logo appears.
- Press and hold the “Sleep“/”Wake” and the “Volume Down” buttons (about 10 seconds)
- The Apple Logo should appear and your iOS device restarts automatically. After which your apps should install correctly.
Lastly, you can log out. By this, I mean sign out of your Apple ID and then sign in once more. You may do this via the iTunes store using the following instructions:
- Go to Settings
- iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID and then tap sign out.
- Open iTunes on your iOS device
- Tap your picture or lack thereof on the upper right side of the screen
- Tap Sign Out
- Sign In once more and download your apps.