You can manage a Group Policy on a domain by using the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC). However, by default, the GPMC is not available on Windows 10 or Windows 8. To install Group Policy Management Console, you need to install Remote Server Administration Tools first. Here are the steps you need to follow to get started.
You can install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 only on the full release of Windows Professional or Windows Enterprise. Otherwise, you receive a “This update does not qualify for your computer.” message when you try to install it.
Download Remote Server Administration Tools
Based on your version of Windows, download and install your required Remote Server Administration Tools:
- Remote Server Administrator Tools For Windows 10
- Remote Server Administrator Tools For Windows 8
- Remote Server Administrator Tools For Windows 8.1
Install Group Policy Management Console
- Right-click the Start button and choose “Control Panel“. (Or you can use this neat trick to open the settings via CMD).
- Select “Programs“.
- From the “Programs and Features” section, select “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- Scroll down and expand the “Remote Server Administration Tools” section.
- Expand “Feature Administration Tools“.
- Ensure that “Group Policy Management Tools” is checked, then select “OK“.
You should now have an option for “Administrative Tools” on the Start menu. From there, select any of the Group Policy tools you need.