With the Notes app on iOS and MacOS, you can password protect notes (iOS only), add images, tables and so much more. In this article, we teach you how to pin a note to the top of the Notes app or on top of app windows.
Table of Contents
Float A Note To Top MacOS App Windows
- Open the Notes app on your MacBook.
- Choose a note or create a new one.
- In the menu bar, click Window.
- Then, choose Float Selected Note.
That's it! The note branches off into a separate window. And, it floats on top of all other windows/apps. Even if you open a new app or bring a different app to the front, the note remains on top.
You can move floating notes around the screen. Resize the pinned note to your liking. And, here's how to unpin a floating note.
How To Unpin Floating Notes
- To unpin a floating note, click the Window menu.
- Then, disable Float Selected Note.
How To Pin Notes To Top Of Notes App
- Open Notes app on your Mac.
- On the left side of the screen, choose the note you wish to pin.
- If you have a trackpad, swipe right from left on the note: A hard swipe automatically pins the note. A gentler one shows the “Pin” icon. Click on it to pin the note.
- If you don’t have Trackpad, once you choose the note you want to pin, click on File menu at the top and choose Pin Note.
That's it! Now, anytime you open the Notes app, you see the pinned note or notes at the top of the list. Here's how to unpin a note from the top of the Notes app.
How To Unpin Notes Pinned In Notes App
- Open the Notes app on your Mac.
- On the left side of the app, choose the pinned note.
- Then, use the trackpad to swipe right on the note.
- A hard swipe automatically unpins the note. A gentle swipe shows the unpin button; click on it to unpin the note.
- If you have no trackpad, click on File menu and click on Unpin Note.