The Samsung Gear S3 is a pretty useful smart watch. However, there’s a bug that drains the battery on the Gear S3.
For now, Samsung says that they are aware of the issue and that a future update will offer a fix. But, for those anxious to fix the sudden spike in battery usage on your Galaxy Gear, here’s what to do.
Reset Samsung Galaxy Gear
You have two options here. The first one, you use the keys/buttons on your smart watch to perform the reset. And, the second, you use the settings menu.
Reset Via Settings
- From the Apps screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Gear info.
- Tap Reset Gear.
- Tap the ✔ check mark to confirm.
- Wait for the device to reset. The device is reset to its factory settings.
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- Turn the Gear S3 off.
- Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
- Press the Power key to highlight ‘ Recovery’.
- Press and hold the Home key to select.
- Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S3 begins rebooting.
Please note that a master reset as outlined above erases all data on your Galaxy Gear. Also, be sure to manually check for any updates both before and after you reset your smart watch.
The above method worked the first time around. Hopefully, Samsung comes up with a permanent fix in their next update.