Did you forget your Apple ID email address? You want to change it, however, Apple does not make it easy to create a new Apple ID or change your old one to a new email address. In this article, how you can change your email address Apple ID in just 7 steps.
How Do I Change My Apple ID Email Address
- Firstly, on your iPhone’s browser, go to appleid.apple.com.
- Then, Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Verify your information with the security questions or the verification code sent to one of your trusted devices.
- Once logged in, in the Account section, select Edit.
- Then, tap “change email address”.
- Enter your new email address.
- Then, click continue. A verification code should arrive in your selected email.
- Open the email, click Verify Email Address.
Do you see “Email Address Is Already an Apple ID” or that it’s not available, that Apple ID already exists, even if you don’t remember creating it? You can only link one Apple ID per email address.
Also, Apple sends a verification email to the new Apple ID’s email address. Hence, you need to have access to that email account or you won’t be able to verify the address with Apple.
Also, if you do not remember the password for your Apple ID, then go to the Apple ID webpage and click Reset your password. Then, follow the instructions to change the password.
How To Change Apple ID Email Address Already In Use
- Firstly, log in to the account that uses the email you want to change on the “Apple ID” page of Apple’s website.
- Change that Apple ID’s email address to any other email except the one you want to use.
- Then, sign Out of appleid.apple.com.
A verification email from Apple should be in the inbox of the email you just changed to. Follow through the verification process in the email.
- Then, log in to the current Apple ID that you want to change the email address to on appleid.apple.com.
- Then, change that Apple ID’s email address to the Apple ID email address that was already in use previously.