We don’t do many articles about the Kindle. There are only two. How to Factory Reset Kindle Fire and How to Use Kindle Fire as Second Monitor – Second PC Screen. However, for those of you who installed too many apps, here’s how to uninstall apps on Kindle Fire devices. You can remove installed apps but not pre-installed apps with these guidelines.
Delete Kindle Apps (Newer Devices)
- From the “Home” screen, open “Settings.”
- Choose “Apps & Games.”
- Select “Manage All Applications.”
- Swipe over to the right to show “All” apps.
- Select the app you want to remove, then select “Uninstall.”
The above steps work for the Amazon Fire HD6, HD7, HD8 & HD10. However, for older Kindle devices, the below steps work best.
Delete Apps From Kindle Fire (Older Versions)
- Tap the settings gear on the Home screen, then tap “More.”
- Select “Applications.”
- Set the filter to “All Applications,“ then choose the app you want to uninstall.”
- Tap Uninstall.
Luckily, users may also opt to delete apps on a Kindle via the cloud. To do a cloud uninstall, you need access to the Amazon account linked to your app store.
Uninstall Kindle App From Cloud
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Go to the Manage Your Apps page.
- From there, select the “Actions” menu next to the app you need to remove.
- Finally, select “Delete.”
You may have to reboot the device for changes to take effect. Additionally, built-in Kindle apps are non-removable. Although, you can do so with root access. You can do a quick Google Search to learn how to do so or make a request for us to do an article on the topic.