How do I reset my kindle fire to factory settings? This tutorial will show you how to hard reset a kindle fire and restore it to the factory defaults. This is useful if you want to erase all the data and settings from your device in the event that you’re about to sell it or maybe you just want a fresh start. Follow the guidelines on the following pages to successfully learn:
How To Reset Your Kindle Fire To Factory Defaults
- Tap the settings gear in the upper-right corner, then tap “More…”
- Tap “Device”
- Select “Reset to Factory Defaults”
- Select “Erase everything” to confirm that you would like to erase all data and settings from the Kindle Fire
That’s it you have successfully learned How to Factory Reset Kindle Fire! So what about the Kindle Fire HD or the Kindle Fire HDX?
The above steps will also work to reset the Kindle Fire HD and as for the HDX, the steps are the same. You can also remotely factory reset some Kindle Devices. Read on for more Kindle Fire reset options.
Remotely Factory Reset Kindle:
- To do this, you must go to your Amazon account
- Go to My Account > Manage your content and Devices
- Here, you will find the option to remotely factory reset your device.
Notice! Please note that remote Wipe only works with the Kindle Fire HD (2nd gen), Kindle Fire HDX 7 & 9” and the Fire Phone.