Vi is a top lane/jungler fighter champion in League of Legends. She is good at initiating and hard engaging due to her knock ups and displacement abilities. She also deals area of effect damage, has a shield, and shreds armor. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Vi.
Best Vi Counters
- Lee Sin
Vi Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Vi, you can finally counter pick Vi in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Vi. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Vi. After all, if you know how to play against Vi, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Vi in a lane.
Vi “E” is an auto attack, so pantheon can block it with his passive, at early levels counter jungle Vi and wait for her to clean the second buff so she won’t have too much health, jump on her with your “W” which activates your passive and steal her buffs.
Early levels her Q isn’t that different of a cooldown from Jax’s E. There shouldn’t be much she can do as long as you don’t let her get on top of you without your E up.
Try to dodge Vi’s Vault Breaker or stun her while she charges it up as this is her main source of damage, especially in team fights.
Darius has a damage advantage at every level. If she starts charging Vault Breaker nearby (either to engage or to escape), use Apprehend to cancel it.
Tips For Playing Against Vi
- Vi’s Vault Break can be interrupted while charging, so try to save a disable (silence/snare/stun/knock-up/displacement) for it.
- Try not to duel against a Vi for an extended amount of time, because her Denting blows will grant her additional attack speed and shred your armor.
- Vi can’t be CC’d while casting her ultimate. Save your disables until after she lands.
- When laning against Vi, don’t stand behind your minions, her ranged damage with her E isn’t to be underestimated. She does not need to get someone very low to kill them with a full combo. Don’t trade with her when she has her shield up or ready.
- relies heavily on crowd control to win 1v1 fights or 3v3 fights. She can easily disrupt enemy lines with her ult, and this will give her teammates enough time to back her up. Scattering is a good way to prevent from knocking you aside or dealing massive damage with .
- Since has no other natural way of sticking to enemies after she has used Assault and Battery and , save your crowd controls or escapes until after she has consumed these abilities, especially since makes her immune to crowd controls as it is being cast.
- As is a powerful bruiser, making sure to pin her down and not letting her get the core items she needs would give you an advantage against her team as she would be too soft to initiate and her damage output would be very low.
- Not letting Vi proc is crucial for lane control and poke, so watching out and avoiding a Vault Break can often decide the fate of a skirmish (being CC, a Denting Blows stack, and gap closer).
- Early game can easily be pushed out of lane by controlling her shield procs and attacking after it expires if she uses to farm.
- As a jungler, one of ‘s biggest strengths is her ability to win 1v1 duels thanks to her Blast Shield and her ability to punish tank junglers with her . Therefore, avoid playing tank based junglers like , , and . It could be even worse if she builds & .
- Avoid using or any blink abilities like & and even dashes like or while is still charging in with .
can actually be countered by becoming untargetable before the ultimate hits. Champions who have abilities that can make themselves untargetable are thus good options to use against Vi. Examples include with his / , with his , and with his (the latter requires nearby enemy targets). can also make a champion untargetable and thus is a great option for any AP champion, to counter Vi’s ultimate.
- In addition, is countered by spell shields such as and .
- Keep in mind that will NOT prevent your champion from being knocked up by .
By using the champions who counter Vi and the LoL Vi counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Vi players.