Viktor is a mid lane mage champion in League of Legends. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Viktor on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Viktor Counters
Viktor Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Viktor, you can finally counter pick Viktor in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Viktor. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Viktor. After all, if you know how to play against Viktor, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Viktor in a lane.
Dodge his Death Ray and use your combo of Pillar of flame and sear to zone him out. If he tries to use siphon power to attack you just punish him with your full skill combo.Keep moving to dodge gravity field.
- Be wary of cc junglers, if you get cc’d in a gank and Viktor puts down his gravity field, you are almost guaranteed to die. Only go aggressive with your W if you think you aren’t going to get ganked because most junglers can still cc you after your flash.
- If you are going to melee a minion to last hit and Viktor punishes you, try to dodge his Lazor and then W+E+Q+W+AA combo at level 3 and you will usually win the trade.
- Try to widdle down Viktor’s hp post level 3 so that you can all in him at level 6. It’s harder to go in and out now because of the cooldown on your ulti’s shadow, so try to go in when Viktor is very vulnerable or his gravity field is on cooldown.
Tips For Playing Against Viktor
- Be careful when chasing a Viktor because his Gravity field makes it difficult to chase him.
- Pay attention to which augment he chooses to go with, to know which ability he is prioritizing.
- Don’t turret dive a Viktor too deep if his gravity field is off cooldown. He will be able to stun you under turret and deal significant damage to you.
- Viktors Lazor does a lot of damage especially if he upgrades it to Augment: Death, it has a very large range but it can be easily avoided because it travels in a straight line.
- Invest in a magic resistance item to help mitigate damage.
gains a at the start of the game from his . It is wise to know the ‘s AUGMENTS he takes to counter him.
- Remember that augmented will give him movement speed to help him escape from or catch up to you.
- Keep in mind that has a deceptively long range since the line itself has a range of 500 units.
- deals 40% more damage once , but only if you stay in the area of effect.
- is a vulnerable champion early-game in general; he is fairly squishy, has low escapability, and low base movement speed. Harass him if you are particularly good at doing it, and try to starve him of farm by freezing the lane. Most importantly, due to his vulnerability, take any opportunity you can to make ganks happen.
- travels in a straight line (start to end), so by sidestepping immediately, you can dodge the ability.
- Quickly move away from the AoE of
to deny the chance to stun you.
- Champions who can remove disables (such as or ) are safe from Viktor’s only defense mechanism and should exploit this.
- will damage you continuously if you stay too close to the storm. By moving away from it, you can negate ‘s damage.
- only has his to escape pursuers and is relatively fragile once focused. Exploit his low mobility if he ever uses in a sub-optimal manner.
By using the champions who counter Viktor and the LoL Viktor counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Viktor players.