Singed is an AP tank that expels a potent poison that is effective against summoners that like to chase. He is capable of playing top and jungle. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Singed.
Best Singed Counter Picks
Singed Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Singed, you can finally counter pick Singed in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Singed. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Singed. After all, if you know how to play against Singed, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Singed in a lane.
Kayle can kite Singed very effectively with her Q. Don’t walk up to singed to trade without your Q.
An intelligent Singed will play safe and stay out of your range until his jungler can gank and kill you. Keep your escapes on hand before level 6, after level 6 you should rig traps among where the jungler would come in to gank.
Singed can’t do anything to Gnar if in Mini form. Try to bruise the wave before going Mega so you can clear it with Boulder Toss instead of melee autos. Don’t chase him as Mega Gnar.
As Vladimir, punish Singed every time you can with E+Q or just with Q to freeze lane and make Singed fall behind in cs.
Keep poking him early levels (1-6), and back off if he is heading towards you. Don’t be brave and dive for kills, your early game is weak. Ask the jungler to help, too.
Tips For Playing Against Singed
- Do not chase singed, as his poison will continuously reset against you.
- Don’t waste your time with trying to kill a Singed unless you’re certain you’re able to take him down.
- Always try to stay away from Singed to avoid his use of fling.
- A crafty Singed will urge his allies to run in his poison, making you indirectly chase him. Bear this in mind, and approach from an angle to avoid his poison’s damage.
- Banshee’s Veil severely limits his ability to engage and make plays with fling, as it blocks the CC and he has no other way of popping the shield.
- can be zoned early game to prevent him from farming. His is fairly weak against players early game, but doesn’t stop him from being excellent at lane-control. A good Singed will go into proxy in a difficult lane matchup.
- It is often not best to chase
. He has great mobility with and a great escape ability with , especially when combined to root the enemy with .
- Keep in mind that while chasing , will slowly drain your health away while will regenerate his health back and due to its long duration, Singed can run back and deal the finishing blow on you with .
- threatening abilities are position-based, so harassment is doubly effective if it involves a slow, such as or .
has to be very close to your team to do damage, so ranged champions are effective at taking him out. However, be wary of his as it will easily pull you into danger.
- Buying a will make think twice before using his on you as it is his only single-targeted spell that breaks the spell shield.
- Buying a on a ranged champion can reduce the risk an enemy poses to the team; the slow can severely hamper the effect of due to his reliance on mobility.
- Avoid playing any melee champion that involves chasing for kills, such as and , against , as his kit is designed to kite melee chasers with his and punish turret divers such as , , and using . Instead, consider playing ranged champions such as , , , , and where they can poke down and kite him effectively with various crowd control skills as well as landing a few auto attacks while tries to run away from you.
- will most likely will build health, armor and magic resist items. As such consider percent health damage items such as or .
By using the champions who counter Singed and the LoL Singed counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Singed players.