Nidalee is a versatile champion that can play jungle, mid, top, or bot lane. She has two forms. One human and the other cougar. Each form has a unique move set that deals damage depending on different variables. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Nidalee.
Best Nidalee Counters
Nidalee Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Nidalee, you can finally counter pick Nidalee in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Nidalee. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Nidalee. After all, if you know how to play against Nidalee, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Nidalee in a lane.
- Use Yasuo’s wind wall to block Nidalee’s spears. This can be useful in lane and in grouping. The easiest way to land a knock up is to E to Nidalee and Q. It can be hard to land a ranged knock up due to Nidalee’s mobility.
- The best time to attack a Nidalee is just after she’s coming out of cougar form, as it’ll be a few second before she can return to it and pounce away. At close range with no cougar, she should pose no real threat.
- Fizz’s W reduces Nidalee’s healing. This makes his trades with Nidalee effective.
- Nidalee can easily dodge your ult with pounce. You can try to ult after closing the gap with Q/E or right after she pounced when it’s still on cooldown.
Try to only walk up to Nidalee with Pantheon’s passive up and his W ready. This ensures you can easily get 2-3 passive blocks off in a fight. Your passive also blocks her takedown at level 6. Nidalee is very weak early game. Kill her or push and roam with your ult.
Careful timing with Mark of the Assassin will allow Akali to jump through Javelin Tosses unscathed into Nidalee for an easy burst combo.
Tips For Playing Against Nidalee
- Unless you think you can catch a Nidalee with certainty, don’t chase a Nidalee. She is exceedingly fast in cougar form while running through brush.
- Nidalee’s spears do massive damage the further she is. Try your best to avoid it by either dodging or standing behind a creep.
- Pay careful attention to where Nidalee might place her traps.
- Place wards during a team fight to keep an eye on where the Javelin Tosses are coming from.
- With the rework, try to avoid being hit by a spear or a trap. Spears still do decent damage but the combo of her W in cougar because of the new passive does a lot of damage.
- Move away from her as fast as possible if you get marked with her passive. All of her abilities are increased and she gains movement speed. If you try to 1v1 with a Nidalee while marked, you will lose.
- Nidalee’s debuff is only applied with and . Avoiding being hit by these abilities will impair her ability to deal follow-up damage.
- Nidalee’s deals more damage the farther she is. If she is far away, it’s imperative to dodge it.
- Nidalee’s deals extreme damage to targets, but she has to get close to use it. Save your crowd control or defensive abilities for when she goes for the kill.
By using the champions who counter Nidalee and the LoL Nidalee counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Nidalee players.