Nautilus is a tanky top lane champion that also does well as a support or jungle pick. He has a knock up, area of effect damage and a shield. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Nautilus on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Nautilus Counters
Nautilus Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Nautilus, you can finally counter pick Nautilus in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Nautilus. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Nautilus. After all, if you know how to play against Nautilus, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Nautilus in a lane.
Tips For Playing Against Nautilus
- Nautilus loses his AOE cleave on his auto attacks if you pop his shield, so try to take it down as soon as possible.
- Nautilus’ ultimate will knock-up any targets in its way to its target, so try not to get in the way.
- Nautilus’ Riptide will hit you multiple times if you move away from him, so stay still if you can.
- In team fights, do not flash through your team if R is on you, flash to the side. If your flash goes back in or behind the team you all get knocked up.
- Keep in mind that Nautilus’ Dredge Line can pull him to terrain. This drastically lowers its cooldown and helps him chase you if you’re retreating. Try to avoid running near walls when being ganked or chased by him.
- Junglers ganking bot lane supported by Nautilus, avoid the route in his auto attack or ability range when going for the ADC engage.
- If Nautilus uses right next to you, hold in place until the ripple effect finishes before running. Running early will run straight into the secondary explosions, causing you to take additional damage and slow.
- While Nautilus is , he is capable of dealing large amounts of area of effect damage with his basic attacks – consider taking down the if you have time.
By using the champions who counter Nautilus and the LoL Nautilus counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Nautilus players.