Nocturne is an assassin champion that plays well in the jungle or top lane. However, you can also encounter him in mid lane. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Nocturne.
Best Nocturne Counters
- Lee Sin
Nocturne Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Nocturne, you can finally counter pick Nocturne in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Nocturne. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Nocturne. After all, if you know how to play against Nocturne, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Nocturne in a lane.
Olaf trades Nocturne’s initiation and hard CC for superior burst, Life Steal, and dueling potential. Ragnarok keeps Nocturne from disengaging with his fear.
Tips For Playing Against Nocturne
- Nocturne’s Duskbringer can be seen in the fog of war, so if you think he is carrying out objectives such as dragon or baron, look for his Duskbringer particle.
- Nocturne’s fear-leash can be broken when it goes out of range, so it’s best to save your jump abilities until he uses it.
- Try to stay close to each other when Nocturne casts his ultimate so that you’re able to react accordingly.
- Nocturne’s spell shield only lasts for 1.5 seconds. Save your main damage abilities or crowd control for after it ends.
lane dominance is great because of his and , He is very squishy early game. Putting aggressive pressure on him will make him under-leveled or under-farmed.
- Keep in mind however that he is resilient to zoning because of the spell shield from his .
- Try to juke to avoid because this will increase movement speed if it hits you.
leash can be critical to your survival. It is his only form of crowd control.
- Keep in mind that means he can initiate his fights/ganks without worrying about a Veil blocking his or if he does initiate with .
- If is being used, save your crowd control abilities for after it expires – or if you want to crowd control him faster, pop it with another ability. If he is chasing you, using a crowd control ability with a long cast time (e.g. ) will be counterproductive as he will use his Shroud of Darkness to block the attack and GREATLY boost his attack speed. However, spamming low-cooldown spells will deal enough damage to Nocturne to render his shield useless.
- Always remember,
cannot target you with his ult if he can’t see you. If you lose your vision, due to the effects of , try quickly hiding in the brush or stealthing to prevent his dash to you. Another alternative is to use Quicksilver Sash or Cleanse, which will remove the sight debuff while his ultimate is active.
- Also, while under the effects of , you and your teammates can still see each other’s map pings.
- Try to stay close with your allies when uses his so you and your allies are prepared to fight him.
- Never overextend when chasing . If you are also low on health and is attacked by a turret, he will activate his and dash to you. This can result in your death.
- If you are playing as and the enemy team also has a , using immediately as the opposing Nocturne does effectively make his dash impossible unless he is right on top of his target. Keep in mind that this tactic clearly costs you a chance to use your ult, but timing this technique can save a player near death.
By using the champions who counter Nocturne and the LoL Nocturne counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Nocturne players.