Jarvan IV can play both tank and fighter roles. He is good in the jungle or he can excel in top lane. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Jarvan IV.
Best Jarvan IV Counters
- Lee Sin
Jarvan IV Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Jarvan IV, you can finally counter pick Jarvan IV in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Jarvan IV. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Jarvan IV. After all, if you know how to play against Jarvan IV, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Jarvan IV in a lane.
Under level 6 don’t seek 1vs1 fights. Try to poke with your E, W. When you have your ultimate use it in a 1vs1 to heal you and damage him with your E, W, Q combo.
- Vi can interrupt Jarvan IV’s dash and his ultimate with the right timing on Vault Breaker.
- If not, you can escape his ult with Vault Breaker.
As Renekton, all you need to do is use every ability once it’s off cooldown. Be aggressive with him. His flag drag combo does hurt, but his Q is fairly easy to dodge and if he ever puts his E down you should immediately jump on him.
Tips For Playing Against Jarvan IV
- Displacement/dash/jump abilities will let you leap out of Jarvan IV’s ultimate easily.
- Even Vayne’s Tumble (Q) and Riven’s Valor, which don’t cross walls, can get you out of Jarvan’s Ultimate.
- Jarvan can be knocked back while casting his Dragon Strike to connect to his flag.
- A good Jarvan will lock up your backline and force dashes and flashes to be used. A bad Jarvan will lock up his carries along with him, so make sure to take advantage, especially if the carries are fairly immobile.
- Try to not encounter him early. His Dragon Strike ability can help him defeat you.
By using the champions who counter Jarvan IV and the LoL Jarvan IV counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Jarvan IV players.