Jax might look like your grandma, but he is one of the strongest fighters on the Rift. With an overpowered dodge, high damage that stacks on both AP and AD, Jax is one of those champions you don’t want to lane against (as a novice). In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Jax.
Best Jax Counters
Jax Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Jax, you can finally counter pick Jax in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Jax. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Jax. After all, if you know how to play against Jax, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Jax in a lane.
In order for you to beat Jax in lane as Malphite, you’ll need to slowly poke him. You’d want to max E for the wave clear and trading power. It’ll be very hard for you to kill Jax unless you call for a gank or slowly poke him down.
Jax can outtrade you at level 1 with counterstrike. At pretty much every point after that, Renekton is stronger. You out wave clear, out damage and out sustain him.
Maxing Lee Sin’s Tempest first will minimize Jax’s damage since he relies on auto-attacks. When he uses Counter-Strike, Safeguard to a minion to avoid the stun and damage, then Sonic Wave back to maximize your damage to him.
When Jax turns on his E, root him with your W immediately. This way, he cant jump and his stun would go to waste.
As Singed, fling him as soon as he jumps on you and if he tries to stun you. Be careful at level 1 and you’ll be fine after that. Also, have Ignite ready when he starts building his life steal and you can use it when he’s around half health.
Tips For Playing Against Jax
- Avoid attacking Jax when he turns on his Counter Strike.
- Try to do short trades against a Jax, as Jax excels in long extended trades because of his passive and ultimate.
- Be careful of every 3rd auto attack hit + empower in the same hit after 6. He deals extra damage.
- Jax is a powerful and an aggressive top lane bruiser that focuses on basic attacks. Try blinding him or reducing his attack speed.
- Late-game, Jax can 1×1 almost any champion in the game, sometimes even 1×2. Try to avoid engaging him alone. If you are a squishy character, don’t even try to kill Jax unless you are protected by a bruiser or tank, especially if you are auto-attack based.
- Jax’s largest weakness is his Early game. He is weakest there. Shut him down and deny him as much as you can as he scales very well into late game.
- Jax will usually use his E before jumping on you. So, whenever you see him using E in lane, try to get out of range.
By using the champions who counter Jax and the LoL Jax counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Jax players.