Heimerdinger is one of those champions that you don’t want to get matched against. It’s like playing against three people at once thanks to his mini-turrets. He builds AP and normally plays mid. However, some summoners opt to play him top lane or in a support role. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Heimerdinger.
Best Heimerdinger Counters
Heimerdinger Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Heimerdinger, you can finally counter pick Heimerdinger in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Heimerdinger. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Heimerdinger. After all, if you know how to play against Heimerdinger, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Heimerdinger in a lane.
- Brand has similar ranges except Heimerdinger’s spells are much harder to land, this gives you an advantage in the harassing phase. You should stay behind minions so he can’t land his rockets on you.
- Also, with Brand’s relatively low mana costs you can afford to kill Heimerdinger’s turrets whenever he puts them down.
- Heimerdinger’s turrets provide an ideal conduit for your ult to bounce off of especially if there are no minions.
- During lane you can use your W to throw his turrets away, this even works on his big turret rendering his ultimate turret pretty much useless.
- Ziggs can re-position his turrets with his W.
- Also, Ziggs can destroy his turrets with Q and poke him from far outside his range.
Lux can snare Heimerdinger every time he leaves the protective radii of his turrets and follow up with a full combo. Never engage within more than a tower’s and three creeps’ range.
Heimerdinger can’t put turrets anywhere near minions or they’ll be eaten by Malefic Visions, and he’s squishy enough to die to Malzahar’s full combo.
Tips For Playing Against Heimerdinger
- Heimerdinger in the early game is dependent on having all turrets up. Make sure to go in the lane immediately when the game starts or else he can put all three up before minions come.
- Try to focus on destroying Heimerdinger’s turrets when he just cast them. This helps reduce his damage output.
- Heimerdinger’s turrets and even his ultimate turret can be smitten (you can smite them).
- Advise your jungler not to engage Heimerdinger when he (the jungler) has low health. Heimerdinger can take advantage of this and burst the both of you.
- Avoid being in the center of his grenade, as it will stun you instead of a blind.
- Never dive a Heimerdinger if he’s got his towers up. Do not even poke him unless you have a very long range like Xerath. Landing an AOE ability on his turrets before diving (like Anivia’s ult) will deny most of his damage.
By using the champions who counter Heimerdinger and the LoL Heimerdinger counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Heimerdinger players.