Gragas is a mid-lane mage that also plays top-lane. He can also do well in the jungle. He has good burst damage and CC. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Gragas on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Gragas Counters
Gragas Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Gragas, you can finally counter pick Gragas in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Gragas. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Gragas. After all, if you know how to play against Gragas, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Gragas in a lane.
Yasuo can wind wall Gragas’ Q and R. In important situations try to save this for his R if you have to choose as this blocks a huge initiation tool for Gragas’ team.
There are two ways to dodge Gragas’ body slam: to charm him before it hits you or to stay behind minions. As long as you are able to do the two, you can naturally beat Gragas with your range advantage and kit.
Fizz is able to avoid Gragas’ abilities with his jump. Be sure to use it at the right time before initiating fights to your advantage.
Jax’s Leap Strike can both dodge Gragas’ Barrel Roll and hit Gragas himself. Take advantage of this and hit Gragas hard if his Q is down (it has an 11-7 second cooldown) since he cannot escape you or outtrade you before you deal your damage.
Jax’s Counter Strike can reduce Barrel Roll’s AoE damage by 25% and completely dodge Gragas’ W. If you ever find yourself trading against Gragas as Jax, push the E button and fight him. If he tries to escape, Leap Strike. However, don’t be too aggressive. Be patient and smart about your movements.
Tips For Playing Against Gragas
- Gragas’s ultimate is extremely strong against grouped up champions – so avoid being clumped together.
- Be careful when chasing a Gragas as his Body slam has an extremely low cooldown, making him very mobile.
- Attack him by using your spells or auto attacking him while he’s casting his Drunken Rage.
- Avoid getting hit by his Barrel Roll if you’re an AD champion as it will lower your attack speed when hit.
- Avoid standing on his barrel when it’s red as the damage and slow are increased up to 150%.
By using the champions who counter Gragas and the LoL Gragas counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Gragas players.