Gnar is one of League of Legends unique play champions. He has two forms. A tanky form and a squishy form. Both forms have their advantages however summoners have no control over which form Gnar takes. He automatically switches between the two depending on his rage bar meter. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Gnar.
Best Gnar Counters
Gnar Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Gnar, you can finally counter pick Gnar in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Gnar. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Gnar. After all, if you know how to play against Gnar, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Gnar in a lane.
As Fiora, you have to play aggressively in the early levels, especially when Gnar’s without rage. Be sure to avoid Mega Gnar’s burst combo and you should win your lane thanks to your W.
With your range advantage, you can bully Gnar quite care-free. The only dangerous situation should be when Gnar transforms. Hence, you ought to keep an eye on his rage bar. If he has over 90, shoot him once, then retreat. Your poison will most likely trigger Mega-Gnar.
Use Wukong’s E + Q combo to get him low. Use W to avoid damage and avoid getting chased by him. Remember you can only get him down with short but high damage trades. Try to take a Flask for this.
Tips For Playing Against Gnar
- Constantly keep an eye on his rage bar. If you aren’t careful, he can hop on a minion and transform on you dealing massive burst damage. However, going in on him when his rage bar is nearly empty can be devastating to him (best time to gank him).
- Do not be deceived by how low mini Gnar is when his Rage is full. Transforming gives him bonus armor, magic resist, health, and attack damage. He can turn it around and use Wallop and GNAR! to stun you.
- Usually, it is not worth chasing Mini Gnar due to his huge mobility (Hyper, Hop).
- Avoid fighting with Gnar in narrow places. He can easily throw you on walls with his ultimate and stun you for a long time.
- Wait until gnar goes out of his mega form before trying to team fight, he will be tired and can’t gain any rage to help his team with mega gnar.
By using the champions who counter Gnar and the LoL Gnar counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Gnar players.