Bard is a support champion in League of Legends. He has quite the unique skill set and playstyle. Not every summoner plays him well. However, if you encounter Bard, here are a few tips to effectively counter Bard.
Table of Contents
Best Bard Counters
Bard Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Bard, you can finally counter pick Bard in any matchup. Let's take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Bard. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Bard. After all, if you know how to play against Bard, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Bard in a lane.
- Use your spell shield on your strongest ally when Bard ults.
- Blitcrank can grab Bard and his allies while they are traveling through Magical Journey (E) to interrupt it.
A good idea would be to place Noxious traps on the enemy Bard's chimes to heavily impact the rate at which he collects them. They are a big part of his late game damage so disrupting this will minimize his impact on the game whilst setting up potential kills.
Tips For Playing Against Bard
- Avoid staying in a group of minions or champions. Bard's Q slows the first target and stuns the second target hit.
- His stun also procs near walls. So, be wary of that as well.
- Never follow Bard through his "Magical Journey" ability unless you have vision on the other side. He could be leading you into a trap.
- Enemies In Bard's portal can be pushed/pulled out by things such as Blitzcrank's hook or Alistar's headbutt.
- Unstoppable abilities (Assault & Battery, Paranoia, Unstoppable Onslaught, etc.) will make you immune to his stasis (ultimate).
- If Bard leaves the lane to collect chimes, take advantage of the opportunity to go all in on his ADC.
By using the champions who counter Bard and the LoL Bard counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Bard players.