It’s official! The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 w/ no notch, sliding camera module, 10GB RAM, and Snapdragon 845 is set for release. The device features an almost all-display design with a non-motorised sliding camera module that houses dual front-facing cameras.
The new smartphone features a near bezel-less display and 93.4 percent screen-to-body ratio. The Mi Mix 3 also ditches the notch giving it a large 6.3-inch FHD+ AMOLED display.
The “moveble” camera module, however, is not as mobile as we’d thought. To use it, you have to slide up and the camera module appears. And, even with the camera module open, there is still no notch.
With regard to specs, an octa-core Snapdragon 845 chipset paired with up to 10GB of RAM (yes, 10GB) powers the Mix 3. Furthermore, there are a total of 4 cameras.
On the rear, there are 12-megapixel wide-angle and telephoto lenses, whilst the sliding front-facing set includes a 24-megapixel selfie camera and a 2-megapixel sensor for depth-sensing.
The fingerprint sensor at the back allows for easy unlocking without having to open the camera module — however, face-unlocking is possible with the camera module.
The Mi Mix 3 sports a 4000mAh battery that can be charged by the supported 10W Qi wireless charging standard.
And, as for colors, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 will be available in three color options: Onyx Black, Jade Green
As for pricing, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 will start at 3,299 yuan (~475) for the 128GB/6GB RAM variant, with a 256GB/8GB RAM variant costing 3,999 yuan (~$575).
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 specs
- Body: Slider, 7000-series aluminum, ceramic back
- Screen: 6.39″ Super AMOLED, 1,080 x 2,340px (403ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR
- Chipset: Snapdragon 845: octa-core Kryo 385 CPU (4×2.8GHz + 4×1.7GHz); Adreno 630 GPU
- Memory: 6/8GB of RAM (LPDDR4X), 128/256GB storage (UFS 2.1); 10/256GB special edition
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; MIUI 10
- Camera: 12MP f/1.8 (1.4µm) + 12MP f/2.4 (1.0µm); 4K video capture at 60fps; 1080p at 240fps and 960fps
- Camera features: 2x telephoto, Dual Pixel AF, 4-axis OIS
- Selfie cam: 24MP (0.9µm) + 2MP depth sensor
- Battery: 3,200mAh; 18W QuickCharge 4.0+ supported; 10W wireless charging (charger included in box)
- Security: fingerprint reader on the back; face recognition
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, dual VoLTE; 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX HD, dual band GPS/Galileo, also single-band GLONASS/Beidou