Unlock Moto E 2015 Bootloader: in order to install the Moto E 2015 TWRP recovery LTE or 3G and Root Moto E 2015 smartphones, you must first Unlock the Moto E 2015 Bootloader. This tutorial will take you through all the necessary steps to unlock your device's bootloader. Follow the steps in this Moto E 2015 unlock bootloader tutorial carefully and contact us if you need any further assistance. Before you begin, be sure to back up your Moto E 2015 device data. By unlocking the bootloader, your data will be wiped. This includes: apps, settings, pictures, music etc.
Things You'll Need
Instructions: Prepare the Smartphone/Computer
- Go To Settings -> Dev Settings, And Select "Allow OEM Unlock"
- Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
- Open Command Prompt on androidsdk/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here)
- Connect your Phone to PC
- Type this in the CMD prompt window - fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
- Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
Instructions: Request Moto E 2015 Bootloader Unlock Key
- Now go to the Motorola Site. Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear at the bottom of page.
- To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
- Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
- Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)
- Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
NOTE: In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin. Wait for a while and soon you’ll see ‘Bootloader Unlocked’ warning on your Moto E. That's it. You have successfully learned how to Unlock Moto E 2015 Bootloader.
How to Root the Moto E 2015 and Unlock the Bootloader
xdadevelopers: In this episode, XDA TV Producer TK shows you how to root, unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery and install a custom ROM to fix the broken camera from rooting the Moto E 2nd Gen 2015. The TK just recently reviewed the device. So as is usual at XDA, we must root all the things, and the Moto E 2nd Gen 2015 is no exception!
TK presents instructions on how to gain root access on your Moto E 2nd Gen 2015 using tools from the XDA Developers Forums. The process is painless and pretty easy. This video shows you how to install a custom ROM, install TWRP recovery and unlock the Bootloader as well. So if you wanted to root your Moto E 2nd Gen 2015, take a moment and check this video out.