If you haven’t heard this yet, Apple has already introduced its new iOS 12. The company always encourages users to upgrade in order to ensure the stable and bug-free work of their devices. Specialists claim that some problems including slow work, USB ports not working Mac, audio failures, and other issues often take place due to an outdated iOS. Therefore, upgrading your system is essential, and in this article, we are going to give you clear guidelines on how to get the latest iOS 12.
How To Get The Update?
Below we have provided for you a step-by-step guide on how to update the iOS on your devices. However, you have to consider a few vital things before you start. Here are some preparatory steps to make:
- Check if your device can be upgraded – if it supports iOS 11, you should not worry about the compatibility.
- You need to enter a passcode in order to update to new iOS successfully, so make sure you remember it.
- Make sure you know your Apple ID and password.
- Check if there is enough space for an update.
Once you made all the above-mentioned steps, you can follow to the upgrade process. Here is what you have to do:
This step is required to ensure you won’t lose any information stored on your device. You can create a copy of all data from the Settings. If you want to do it this way, here are the steps you should make:
- At the top of the Settings page, click on your Apple ID;
- Then open iCloud tab and scroll a bit down until you find iCloud Backup menu;
- Click on it to open a new tab and enable automatic backup or hit the Back Up Now button.
Alternatively, you can create a copy of your data via iTunes.
- Install new iOS
Next, you’ll have to install the update. You can do it wirelessly, right from your device. For this, open the Settings, then go to General and click on Software Update – in this tab you will see if there are any updates currently available. You can click Install Now and also enable automatic updates if you don’t want to do this manually. Another way is to use iTunes – when you connect your device to a PC, it will launch automatically and suggest you install the updates, all you need is to confirm the action and wait until your iPod, iPad or iPhone updates.
- Updating your Apple Watch
When you get iOS 12, you will get a message on your Watch asking if you want to get watchOS 5. Confirm the action, and it will update.
Just that easy you can upgrade your phone or another device!