How to find Samsung Galaxy E7 IMEI Number? The IMEI or MEID number is useful if you want to find a lost or stolen device. Cell Device companies can use the information to figure out the last location of your device and pass the info on to the local authorities. You can quickly retrieve and record your device’s IMEI or MEID number in a variety of different ways, depending on your device. No two Galaxy E7 devices will have the same IMEI or MEID, which makes it a very useful tool for tracking lost or stolen cell devices.
What are IMEI/MEID Numbers?
The International Mobile Station Equipment Identity or IMEI on a device is a unique set of numbers and letters that identifies your Galaxy E7. This format is popular amongst GSM devices.
What are MEID Numbers?
A mobile equipment identifier (MEID) is a globally unique number identifying a physical piece of CDMA mobile station equipment. The MEID is the number you need to locate if your E7 is a CDMA variant.
Methods to find Galaxy E7 IMEI/MEID Number
If you are wondering how to find the IMEI or MEID number on a Samsung Galaxy E7 device, you can find it using the different methods outlined in the article.
Find IMEI/MEID Using Short code
One way to find the IMEI or MEID number is by using a short code that can be typed using the device’s call feature. Dial *#06# on your Keypad as though you were calling a telephone number. The IMEI/MEID should automatically pop up.
Save Galaxy E7 IMEI/MEID Number
Copy this number. Your IMEI/MEID number will appear in a new window on your Galaxy E7. Write the number down or take a screenshot as it is not possible to copy and paste it from your device’s display.
Most devices will tell you when the number is displayed if it is an IMEI or MEID number. You can verify the number by checking what carrier you use. GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile use IMEI numbers. CDMA networks such as Sprint, Verizon, and US Cellular use MEID numbers.
If the code does not pop up, then you might want to try the next steps in the tutorial to learn how to locate the code.
Find Samsung Galaxy E7 IMEI Via Settings
You can also use the following method to find the Galaxy E7 IMEI/MEID number:
- Tap “Settings” from the Home screen.
- Scroll toward the bottom and tap “About Device”, “About tablet”, or “About device”.
- Tap “Status”.
- Select “IMEI Information”.
- The IMEI/MEID is listed on the screen.
Find IMEI/MEID on Packaging
You can also locate the Galaxy E7 IMEI number by checking the boxes in which you received the E7. If you don’t have the box, then the previous step is the only other way to retrieve the number as the device does not support a removable battery (find the IMEI written on the battery slot).
Find the IMEI/MEID using Google Dashboard
Google Dashboard is Google’s control center. Access Google Dashboard from any computer with a web browser. You will need to log in with the Google account associated with your Galaxy E7 device.
- You can access Google Dashboard by visiting www.google.com/settings/dashboard
- Expand the “Android” section by clicking the “Android” heading.
- Locate your device in the list. If you have multiple devices associated with your account, it displays all of the devices. Select the device for which you want to retrieve the IMEI/MEID number.
- Copy the IMEI/MEID. The first entry for your device should be the IMEI number. Only the IMEI displays, even if your device uses MEID. If you need the MEID number, ignore the last digit of the IMEI number.
- GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile use IMEI numbers. CDMA networks such as Sprint, Verizon, and US Cellular use MEID numbers.
Find IMEI/MEID of AT&T Galaxy E7 Devices
If your device is running on the AT&T network, then there is an alternate method that you can use to locate the IMEI/MEID number of the Galaxy E7.
- Log into your AT&T account on the website.
- Hover over the Profile link and click on ‘Update My Profile’.
- Scroll down slightly and click on the link that reads ‘Customer Service Summary & Contract.’
- Click on ‘Wireless Customer Agreement’ when the window pops up, A PDF download will begin.
- Open the PDF. You should recognize this paperwork from when you first purchased your device. Scroll to the very bottom of the PDF and you will find your IMEI.
Video Showing How to Find IMEI/MEID Numbers
Here is a short video showing you the ways that you can find the figures if you are interested.
Things You Should Know
If the device has an IMEI number but you are on a network that uses MEID numbers, ignore the last digit (IMEI is 15 digits, MEID is 14 digits).
For a stolen Galaxy E7, you can call or go to the nearest service center of your mobile network and give that IMEI number to staff to block your device.
Most pre-paid and non-contract Galaxy E7 devices in America don’t have IMEIs; the same applies to disposable devices throughout Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Blocking a stolen or lost Galaxy E7 via the IMEI/MEID will cut off all communication between your device and your carrier, making recovery of the smartphone impossible via tracking. Only do this as a last resort if your device contains sensitive information.
Remember to write down the IMEI/MEID number for your device in some place safe so that you can always find it if you lose your device. Thanks for reading: how to find my IMEI/MEID number on Samsung Galaxy E7. Share the post with your friends so that they too can learn how to find the IMEI or MEID for reference and safe keeping.
Pls help to blocked this imei # 357550/06/037911/5 becz my phone is snatch.pls help to blocked