Root Samsung Galaxy S7: This tutorial shows you how to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphones. In order to proceed with this guide, you must have already: installed Samsung Galaxy S7 USB/ADB drivers, they are the same as the S7 Edge USB drivers, and you have to know how to boot the Galaxy S7 into recovery. If you’ve already done these things then you may proceed accordingly.
Exciting news for the owners of the Samsung Galaxy S7! Chainfire released its root tool with support for Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. Rooting a Galaxy S7 smartphone allows users system access to their S7 device, giving capabilities to enhance, modify and customize the appearance and functions of the device. Samsung’s latest duo is packed with the latest industry technology, however, users will still want to tweak their devices to their own liking. If you too are one of those inquisitive Android users, follow this guide to root Galaxy S7 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using CF-Auto-Root tool.
Things to Consider
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S7 on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone
- Go to Settings > tap for about five times to enable Developer options.
- Go to the Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S7 carries more than 70% of charge.
- Check and confirm your phone’s model number: Go to Settings on your phone > scroll down to About device or About phone and tap on it > note the Model number.
Files Required for Rooting Galaxy S7
- Download Odin for installation from here;
- Also, download Chainfire root tool for Exynos Samsung Galaxy S7 from this link (for SM-G930F – or search a file appropriate for your own device’s model).
How to root Samsung Galaxy S7 with CF-Auto-Root
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it on your PC.
- Unzip Chainfire zip file and retrieve .tar.md5 file on your computer.
- Switch your phone off and enter into download mode: press and hold Volume Down + Home buttons simultaneously and then press the Power key till you see the construction Android robot sign. Press Power key again to confirm.
- Open ODIN on your computer and connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 with your PC while it’s in Download mode. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In ODIN, click on the AP / PDA button and select the extracted CF-Auto-Root file.
- Ensuring that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected, click on Start to initiate the root process.
- When the root process is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message and ID:COM will turn green.
- Once your device automatically reboots in o Recovery mode and you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S7.
Video: How to Root Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Guide
Reboot your Galaxy S7. Congrats! You have successfully learned how to root Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphones. If you’ve followed all the steps on ORDUH, your Galaxy S7 should now have root access, the correct USB drivers on your PC and all the great things that come with rooting your S7. Also, be sure to check out: Fix: Samsung Galaxy S7 Battery Drain/Overheating. Thanks for reading: How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7.