Mi Unlock Tool allows Xiaomi smartphone owners to unlock the phone's bootloader. Like the Mi Flash Tool, you can then root your phone, flash custom ROMs, and recoveries etc. In this article, we explain how to download and install the Mi Account Unlock Tool.
Table of Contents
Mi Unlock Tool Supported Devices
- Xiaomi Mi Series Devices
- Xiaomi Redmi Series Devices
Where To Download Mi Account Unlock Tool?
Download the installation file below:
- File Name: MiFlashUnlockToolV2.2.406.5.zip
Last Update: June 29, 2017
Size: 22.61 MB
Supported OS: Windows XP/7/8/10
How To Install Mi Flash Unlock Tool?
Once the download completes, open/click the installation file to begin the installation process. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
How To Unlock Bootloader?
- Back up your data.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your computer (install Mi PC Suite for this).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi phones.
Firstly, you must obtain an unlock code from Xiaomi. To do this, go to this page and follow the instructions. You would need a Mi Account. However, if you do not have one, you can create one. Once you log in, fill out a short questionnaire.
- Enter your name.
- Choose Country.
- Enter your Mobile Number.
- Tell Xiaomi the reason for bootloader unlocking.
- Enter the Captcha code.
- Accept the Disclaimer.
- Then, click Apply Now.
A verification code ought to arrive at the selected number. Enter the code on the website and click next. However, it takes a few days for Xiaomi to get back to you. Once the verification process completes, you receive an SMS with the results.
- After, run the installer (MiFlashUnlock).
- Accept the disclaimer.
- Then, sign in with the same Mi Account that you used to receive the code earlier.
- Once logged in, put your Xiaomi device in Fastboot Mode.
- To Connect your device in fastboot mode, switch off your device & use Power + Volume Down button to boot into fastboot mode.
- Once in fastboot mode, connect the device to your computer and click unlock.
- Lastly, wait a while for the device to unlock. A message appears to alert you of success or not. Once it does, click reboot to restart your phone.