Believe it or not, you can use any generic keyboard with your Mac. This includes Windows keyboards. I.E. Keyboards with the Windows layout.
Connect Keyboard To Mac
- Firstly, connect the generic/Windows keyboard to your Mac.
- Once you connect the keyboard, your Mac’s Keyboard Setup Assistant pops up on the screen.
- If not, go to System Preferences.
- Choose Keyboard.
- Click Change Keyboard Type.
- This opens the keyboard identification window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to help macOS recognize your keyboard.
Mac Modifier Keys
Here’s the default key setup. On a Windows/generic PC keyboard, the Mac modifier keys are:
- indows/Start key -> Command Key
- Shift Key -> Shift Key
- Ctrl Key -> Control Key
- Alt Key -> Option Key
The above tips worked for my Logitech keyboard, you can view the below YouTube video to see a general setup walk-through.