Marshmallow Gapps download/install guide: If you’re planning to run a custom ROM on your Android 6.0 Marshmallow device then you’re going to need the compatible G-apps download. If you’re on Lollipop then you will need to head to the Gapps 5.1 Lollipop Download page. For Marshmallow users, here you can find the download links for your device. The Gapps for 6.0 will have the following:
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Gapps Features
- Android 6.0 support
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Store
- Google Search App/OK Google Improvement
- FaceLock for SmartLock
- Fully compatible with CM12 and CM12.1 ROM
- Fully compatible with any Android 6.0 custom ROM
There is a selection of Gapps packages available now. Some are small (just 45 MB) and some are sized 173.7 MB. Any of the selections will do just fine as you will have at least the Google Play Store from both of them, to install remaining Google apps(if need be).
List of ROMs Compatible with Gapps 6.0
- CM13 (Now Lineage OS)
- Any other Android 6.0 custom ROMs.
Download Marshmallow Gapps
- Gapps by thexorg — Link | File: gapps-mm-mini.zip (91.7MB)
- Minimal Gapps — Link | File: working-marshmallow-gapps.zip (55.52 MB)
- Gapps by Ev3rtH (fixed for Z1 and Z Ultra) — Link | File: gapps-rhine-fixed_0.1.zip (90 MB)
More Gapps (may not work, try the ones above first):
- Pico Gapps — Link | File: open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20151008.zip (45.8 MB)
- Zero Gapps — Link | File: Slim_zero_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip (93.4 MB)
- Mini Gapps — Link | File: Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip (173.7 MB)
- BokROM Gapps — Link | File: aosp-6.0-20151007-bokrom-gapps-hammerhead.zip (377.7 MB)
- Full Gapps — Link | File: open_gapps-arm-6.0-stock-20151008.zip (475.0 MB)
Download Even More Marshmallow Gapps
Below are Marshmallow Gapps packages from the folks over at opengapps github project.
Stock Marshmallow Gapps (490 MB):
This is the most appropriate package for most devices, comes with all Google Apps that come pre-installed on the Nexus 6P and 5X. Download Stock Marshmallow Gapps
Full Marshmallow Gapps (441 MB):
This is a slightly modified Stock Gapps package which doesn’t replace some of the AOSP apps like Browser, Camera, SMS app, etc. Download Full Marshmallow Gapps
Mini Marshmallow Gapps (228 MB):
This is the ideal package if you don’t want to go in with all the Apps Google offers on newer Android devices. It contains the popular Google apps, plus some more apps that aren’t up for download on the Play Store. Download Mini Marshmallow Gapps
Micro Marshmallow Gapps (142 MB):
This is even tighter than the Mini package, contains only the most popular apps: Gmail, Calendar and Google Search (Now), plus some more apps that aren’t up for download on the Play Store. Download Micro Marshmallow Gapps
Nano Marshmallow Gapps (91 MB):
This is another level down from the Micro package above, but it still includes extra apps that aren’t up for download on the Play Store. Download Nano Marshmallow Gapps
Pico Marshmallow Gapps (49 MB):
This only gets you the play Store app, plus framework files required to make Play Store work. Nothing else. Download Pico Marshmallow Gapps
Other Marshmallow Gapps packages from xda and other Android communities:
Mini Marshmallow Gapps
- – Download Mirror (91 MB)
└ By TheXorg – xda | Github (XorgMC)
Super Mini Marshmallow Gapps – AFH | Download Mirror (55 MB)
└ By djsubterrain
Benzo Marshmallow Gapps
How to Install Marshmallow Gapps
The Google Applications packages should be installed via recovery. Exact steps vary, but the general process is the same as that used to install CyanogenMod, or any other flashable zip:
- Copy the gapps .zip-file to
- Using adb:
adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
- Using adb:
- Reboot your device to recovery via any one of these methods: 1) using the power-on key combo for your device; 2) running
adb reboot recoveryfrom your computer; 3) or via the Advanced Reboot power menu (enabled in Developer Options).
- Choose “install zip” or “Apply update” from within recovery, and navigate to the zip-file loaded earlier.
- Reboot from recovery back to Android.
There you have it. That’s the simplest/fastest way to install Gapps on your Marshmallow device after you have downloaded the application package. Be sure to keep an eye on this page for the latest Gapps Downloads for Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Please share the information on social media to spread the word.
CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Google Apps
CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Google Apps for Marshmallow: These are the Gapps packages that are compatible with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Google Apps
CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Google Apps for Lollipop: These are the Gapps packages that are compatible with Android 5.1 Lollipop.
CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 Google Apps
CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 Google Apps for Lollipop: These are the Gapps packages that are compatible with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 Google Apps
CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 Google Apps for KitKat: These are the Gapps packages that are compatible with Android 4.4 KitKat.