“The user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded.” Do you get Windows 10 devices? This error mainly occurs with newly created user account profiles. The error reads, “The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. The user profile cannot be loaded.” The cause of the error lies in the NTUSER.DAT file. A corrupt NTUSER.DAT file found in the C:UsersDefault folder causes the problem. To resolve the problem, you need to replace the NTUSER.DAT file. Follow the steps below to fix User Profile Service Failed Logon User Profile Cannot Be Loaded:
Reasons for User Profile Cannot Be Loaded Error
For those who are interested in knowing, the online Microsoft community provides the following two reasons for the occurrence of this strange error on a Windows 10 computer.
- The Default profile on your PC might log in while upgrading to Windows 10 from an older version of Windows operating system. This error is occurring because Windows 10 is creating a new user profile by making use of files from the default profile.
- According to Microsoft, a user profile can also become corrupted if your antivirus software is scanning your PC while you try to login to a user profile.
Replace NTUSER.DAT File
- Log in to the computer using a profile/account that works.
- Using the file explorer, navigate to “C:UsersDefault.“
- Just in case things go wrong, backup the “NTUSER.DAT” file by right-clicking it and selecting “Rename.“
- Give the “NTUSER.DAT” file a name of “NTUSER.OLD“.
- Back out to the Users folder. Find a profile like “Guest” or “Public” that may not have a corrupted NTUSER.DAT file, and copy it to the “Default” folder.
- Log out of the computer and log in using the account you used when the error occurred.
|Microsoft Edge not working? Try these tips to troubleshoot a faulty Edge installation. There are also many tips and tricks (shortcuts) for Microsoft Edge! You can read all about them in our extensive Microsoft Edge User Guide.|
User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded Windows 8 Fix
User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded. When you try and login to a Windows 7 or other Windows based computers like Vista, Windows 8, XP or Server 2012, you receive the following error message: The User Profile Service failed the logon. The user profile cannot be loaded. You are then forced to login to a temporary profile or default profile.
|Having trouble installing Windows Updates? If you get the error code 80234004, then read how to fix error code 80243004 when installing Windows Updates on Windows 7. Read more Microsoft Windows User Guides on ORDUH!|
The problem is that Windows can’t read your user profile correctly, I will show you how to resolve the issue. Just follow along, make sure you backup all your data login something goes wrong, I take no responsibility if you damage or lose data.
So, if Windows 10 can’t load user profile or if Windows 10 user profile service failed the logon, then you can try the tips in step one. If it is user profile cannot be loaded Windows 8 or user profile cannot be loaded windows seven home premium or Vista, then you can use the video tutorial for a fix, Thanks for reading