"The user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded". Do you get Windows 10 devices? This error mainly occurs with newly created user account profiles. The error reads, “The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. The user profile cannot be loaded.” The cause of the error lies in the NTUSER.DAT file. This file found in the C:UsersDefault folder is likely corrupted. The result being the error described above. To resolve the problem, you need to replace the NTUSER.DAT file. Follow the steps below to fix User Profile Service Failed Logon User Profile Cannot Be Loaded:
Reasons for User Profile Cannot Be Loaded Error
For those who are interested in knowing, the following two reasons are being commonly provided for the occurrence of this strange error on a Windows 10 computer.
1. The Default profile on your computer might be corrupted while upgrading to Windows 10 from an older version of Windows operating system. This error is occurring because Windows 10 is creating a new user profile by making use of files from the default profile (which is corrupted).
2. According to Microsoft, a user profile can also become corrupted if your antivirus software is scanning your PC while you try to login to a user profile. While above two reasons are commonly being quoted on online help communities and forums, we believe this error is also occurring when the user profile is not exactly corrupted. This conclusion is based on our testing which makes it surprisingly easy to create a new user profile on the same computer which was generating error messages. We do not know for sure whether this is happening only on our machines. Hence, we are offering this solution as a third option (below) for resolving this problem.
Replace NTUSER.DAT File
- Log in to the computer using a profile/account that works.
- Using the file explorer, navigate to “C:UsersDefault“.
- Just in case things go bad, backup the “NTUSER.DAT” file by right-clicking it and selecting “Rename“.
- Give the “NTUSER.DAT” file a name of “NTUSER.OLD“.
- Back out to the Users folder. Find a profile like “Guest” or “Public” that may not have a corrupted NTUSER.DAT file, and copy it to the “Default” folder.
- Log out of the computer and log in using the account you used when the error occurred.
|Microsoft Edge not working? Try these tips to troubleshoot a faulty Edge installation. There are also many tips and tricks (shortcuts) for Microsoft Edge! You can read all about them in our extensive Microsoft Edge User Guide.|
User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded Windows 8 Fix
User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded. When you try and logon to a Windows 7 or other Windows based computers like Vista, Windows 8, XP or Server 2012, you receive the following error message: The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. you are then forced to logon to a temporary profile or default profile.
|Having trouble installing Windows Updates? If you get the error code 80234004 then read how to fix error code 80243004 when installing Windows Updates on Windows 7. Read more Microsoft Windows User Guides on Orduh!|
The problem is that Windows can't read your user profile correctly, I will show you how to resolve the issue. Just follow along, make sure you backup all your data incase something goes wrong, I take no responsibility if you damage or lose data.
So, if Windows 10 can't load user profile or if Windows 10 user profile service failed the logon then you can try the tips in step one. If it is user profile cannot be loaded Windows 8 or user profile cannot be loaded windows 7 home premium or Vista, then you can use the video tutorial for a fix, Thanks for reading