There are many reasons why you might need to factory reset OnePlus 2 devices and this tutorial will give you the steps needed to restore OnePlus 2 or any OnePlus device to the factory default system configuration.
You can perform a factory reset using the system settings of your device or, if you do not have access to the device, you can use the hardware approach in order to perform a hard reset.
Table of Contents
Factory Reset OnePlus 2: Software Method/System Settings
- Open the Settings feature on your OnePlus 2.
- Look for the option ‘Backup and reset’. Tap on it.
- Choose Reset, and continue. Your OnePlus 2 will restart and reboot automatically after wiping off all data.
Hard Reset OnePlus 2: Hardware Method/System Keys
- Reboot your OnePlus 2 into recovery mode. Click the link if you do not know how to go about doing this.
- Navigate to wipe data/factory reset using volume buttons.
- Press the power button to select that option.
- Confirm your selection on the next screen by choosing Yes.
- That’s it. Your device will be formatted.
- When all is finished, select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your OnePlus 2.
That’s all you need to do for this tutorial. If you need further help then feel free to leave a comment below.