Soraka is another good support champion up there with Nami and Sona. Her healing abilities are great for sustain and her poke can be effective against in-lane enemies. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Soraka.
Best Soraka Counters
- Miss Fortune
Soraka Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Soraka, you can finally counter pick Soraka in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Soraka. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Soraka. After all, if you know how to play against Soraka, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Soraka in a lane.
A simple pull on Soraka will get her out of lane or kill her very quickly making it easy to take down the enemy ADC. Be sure that your ADC follows up on the grab.
When fighting Soraka, you always want to try to make sure you apply grievous wounds through your E if possible. This is especially easy at 6 when you can lock her or her ADC up with your ult.
As Zac, engage hard and don’t give her time to heal her allies. Use your ult to separate the team and shove her out of W range.
Tips For Playing Against Soraka
- Always keep in mind that Soraka is able to cure all her allies in an instant. Don’t get baited by this!
- Soraka is usually really squishy, especially after she uses her burst healing on her allies. If possible, try to target her before she’s able to heal anything.
- While Soraka no longer shreds magic resist with her Q, you still want to avoid getting hit by it as it will give her more health to use on her teammates. Always be aware of where she’s aiming.
- Sometimes, its a smarter move to drop your target and shift focus to Soraka since she has more ways to save allies than to save herself.
- Be aware of Equinox, since its AoE silence and potential Snare can effectively work as good counter engage.
depletes her own health to heal others. Try dodging her early on as it is the only way she can replenish health on her own (besides health regeneration and s).
- Soraka can also restore her own health with and . However, is still her primary method of self-healing and dodging it is very important if you don’t have enough burst damage or crowd control to counter her sustain.
- has a short range (550). Try bursting her down so that she cannot heal her allies.
- The key to keep her down in lane is to poke her down slowly and dodge . This will keep her vulnerable when she tries to heal her lane partner with .
and can assert lane dominance against her. A well-timed hook from either champion can force her to use and play more cautiously.
- However, you must play very aggressively. Otherwise, Soraka will actually end up out-sustaining and harassing both of them.
- Picking Grievous Wounds. However, keep in mind the rest of her team, because if it has dangerous mobile assassins such as and , then it is better to still take instead of . instead of can also be an option not only to zone Soraka with the threat of being killed but also because of the
By using the champions who counter Soraka and the LoL Soraka counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Soraka players.